Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
1kHwCEJl.jpg

Soap: PAA Gondolier
Brush: Vie-Long Black Horse
Razor: Colonial General
Blade: Schick Proline (5)

Been wanting to get my hands on this soap. The Stray Whisker had stock recently but I baulked at $80 for the soap/splash combo. Sold out now.

You snooze you lose 🤷🏻

Been wanting to get my hands on this soap. The Stray Whisker had stock recently but I baulked at $80 for the soap/splash combo. Sold out now.

You snooze you lose 🤷🏻
This is definitely the pick out of CAD and Clubguy. I don't have the AS for Gondolier and the only thing stopping me buying it at some stage was I have the AS for CAD and Clubguy and I can rarely wear them as they make my wife ill. So for this reason I won't be replacing Gondolier when it eventually runs out.

This is definitely the pick out of CAD and Clubguy. I don't have the AS for Gondolier and the only thing stopping me buying it at some stage was I have the AS for CAD and Clubguy and I can rarely wear them as they make my wife ill. So for this reason I won't be replacing Gondolier when it eventually runs out.

Right. I’ll get an alert when TSW have fresh stock and might pull the trigger on it. The only PAA soap I have is CaD, which I do like. Haven’t got an PAA in the CK6 base, so will be interested to see how it performs. Excellently I’m sure.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: P&C LE Platypus shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR General Ledger shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (7)
Blade: Vintage British Wilkinson Sword (3)
Post-shave: APR General Ledger splash
Fragrance: APR General Ledger EDP

Having started the soap wars ...

Happy to do a little extra if needed to get a great lather, not happy to stand on one leg with a hand in the air, my tongue pressed to the roof of my mouth facing Kansas to get a good lather everyday.

Happy camper today though :)

PYvMZVq.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: P&C LE Platypus shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR General Ledger shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (7)
Blade: Vintage British Wilkinson Sword (3)
Post-shave: APR General Ledger splash
Fragrance: APR General Ledger EDP

Having started the soap wars ...

Happy to do a little extra if needed to get a great lather, not happy to stand on one leg with a hand in the air, my tongue pressed to the roof of my mouth facing Kansas to get a good lather everyday.

Happy camper today though :)

PYvMZVq.jpg
Very glad to see you're in a better mood today but of course with a Platypus, Fatboy and a good Artisan soap you should be.:)

vRnlrBol.jpg

Looks like a few of us were on similar wavelengths today.

Soap: APR Bay City
Brush: Platypus
Razor: Lupo 95
Blade: Vintage Wizamet Polsilver (3)

Lovely shave this morning. I was looking forward to trying the Lupo and I have to concur with @Errol , very smooth even though I was using the more efficient version of the Lupo. I was interested to see your very positive comments Errol given the Lupo 72 is a milder razor.
The Lupo 95 sang its own song, possibly because it was tuned into the radio knob handle :), with a distinctive higher pitched hum. Blade feel - present and it bit me once due to my own fault of running across my neck where I'd already shaved and it was dry so the Lupo grabbed me, albeit very mildly, lesson learned. Otherwise it's a razor that very quickly instills confidence and rewards with a smooth, efficient shave.
Does it boot any other razors off the shelf? No, but I will be packing it in my travel gear this week as I know I'll be able to rely on it for an efficient daily shave without excessive irritation.

Pre shave- kid picks my kit

Brush-Vie long horse hair
Razor- 1952 Gillette aristocrat #22
Blade-Gillette spoiler (2)
Soap-Stirling Iced pineapple
Aftershave-Blue Stratos/Stirling frost drops for good measure

Effortless bb's shave with sweet cold soap painted on with a bit of scritch. Classic 80s scent afterwards. Good choice kido👍

IMG-20210417-134748.jpg

Brush: Proraso Omega 28mm Boar
Razor: Yaqi DOC + RR Halo Handle
Blade: Wizamet S.I (5)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Declaration Grooming Trismegistus
Post: Byron Bay Medicinal Herbs Dragons Blood Beauty Serum + The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 30 ml
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

Pre: Hot towel
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica
Brush: Omega Silvertip Badger
Razor: Muhle R108
Blade: Gillette Platinum

First time using my SV soap and wow! This is fantastic stuff. I enjoyed the feel of the lather so much I kept re-applying for touch ups. Well worth the price, IMO.

An All Vintage British day. A couple of easter eggs there in the background to round out the British shave history.

Pre-shave:- Hot towel
Bowl/Scuttle:- DIY Blue bowl
Brush:- Simpson 46
Soap/Cream: Geo F Trumper Coconut
Razor:- Taylors Eye Witness 6/8
Post shave:- Floris 89
After shave:- D.R. Harris Bay Rum

51120221739_c5175c91be_c.jpg

An All Vintage British day. A couple of easter eggs there in the background to round out the British shave history.

Pre-shave:- Hot towel
Bowl/Scuttle:- DIY Blue bowl
Brush:- Simpson 46
Soap/Cream: Geo F Trumper Coconut
Razor:- Taylors Eye Witness 6/8
Post shave:- Floris 89
After shave:- D.R. Harris Bay Rum

51120221739_c5175c91be_c.jpg
Thank goodness isn’t PINK today, otherwise, I would’ve gone completely NUTS!

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.