What do you have in the post right now?

Coming soon in the mail two Rainbow Pony 26mm synthetic brush, got the second pony brush for 25% off at Yaqi Australia click here!!

images
Just curious... Why two of the same brush?

Last edited:
Another order of Gillette SharpEdge Yellow blades, this time from vshod after my last attempt with MensBiz went spectacularly tits up. After their shonky couriers refused to deliver that order and supposedly returned it to sender, I am still out of pocket. MensBiz haven't refused to refund my payment, but neither have they actually done so. :mad:

And if there is anyone from MensBiz reading this and doesn't like being named and shamed in public, maybe they should have thought of that. :mad:

Another order of Gillette SharpEdge Yellow blades, this time from vshod after my last attempt with MensBiz went spectacularly tits up. After their shonky couriers refused to deliver that order and supposedly returned it to sender, I am still out of pocket. MensBiz haven't refused to refund my payment, but neither have they actually done so. :mad:

And if there is anyone from MensBiz reading this and doesn't like being named and shamed in public, maybe they should have thought of that. :mad:

Did you pay via PayPal or CC ?

If Paypal file immediately "Item not received".
If CC file immediatrly a charge back as item not received.

You should not have to put up with BS service like this.

Pretty unfair to expect a retailer to know there are some dodgy contractor couriers in semi-remote (or indeed metropolitan) parts of Australia who exude extreme laziness.

Mensbiz, and probably every online retailer will have their agreed delivery partners, which enable them to provide their customers with a set rate in order to give the customer a cheap shipping rate, or indeed a free shipping rate. They would simply be providing the address and the item to be sent. Ok, understood the refund has not been made, but again that may be due to them not yet having the item back. Return to sender mail goes by the slowest cost effective method around. Why shouldn’t it when it’s effectively being sent a second time at no additional cost?

Maybe the solution is to go old school and make a phone call to Mensbiz to at least check they have been receiving any emails or knowledge of what has transpired with this order. I bet they end up finding you another solution.

Or go through PayPal or the credit card company and help share the cost amongst every user in the form of increasing fees in the long run.

Pretty unfair to expect a retailer to know there are some dodgy contractor couriers in semi-remote (or indeed metropolitan) parts of Australia who exude extreme laziness.

Mensbiz, and probably every online retailer will have their agreed delivery partners, which enable them to provide their customers with a set rate in order to give the customer a cheap shipping rate, or indeed a free shipping rate. They would simply be providing the address and the item to be sent. Ok, understood the refund has not been made, but again that may be due to them not yet having the item back. Return to sender mail goes by the slowest cost effective method around. Why shouldn’t it when it’s effectively being sent a second time at no additional cost?

Maybe the solution is to go old school and make a phone call to Mensbiz to at least check they have been receiving any emails or knowledge of what has transpired with this order. I bet they end up finding you another solution.

Or go through PayPal or the credit card company and help share the cost amongst every user in the form of increasing fees in the long run.

I didn't expect MensBiz to know anything. I had made a previous order some 3 weeks earlier with them that went swimmingly through AusPost, and I expected this one to go likewise. If I had been aware they planned to subsequently use any other carrier (other than StarTrack or TNT), I would not have proceeded with the order.

I have had extended correspondence with MensBiz, and have given ample time and opportunity to set things right. Instead, it has just dragged on. When (or whether) they get the package back is of no relevance, the fact remains that if it has been established that delivery is not going to take place as contracted, they are under an obligation to refund my payment.

Curious as to what the reason for refusing to deliver was and who the delivery service was.

Curious as to what the reason for refusing to deliver was and who the delivery service was.
The refusal is because I live 45 minutes' drive from town, and the couriers don't think it's worth bothering. So they demand that the customer comes to them to pick it up, a 90 minute round trip in my case. That's assuming their office is attended, a big assumption.

They do deliver to other towns much further from their depot, including locations where it would be a comparatively small side-trip to my place. In this case it was Road Runners, who have obviously been contracted by Sendle to operate in Tasmania, but it's a common situation.

As a matter of principle I don't cave in to them, because as far as I'm concerned, if they've accepted payment to deliver, they can fucking well do so.

As a matter of principle I don't cave in to them, because as far as I'm concerned, if they've accepted payment to deliver, they can fucking well do so.

Absolutely and well said. I am also sick and tired of the BS bad domestic postal services, and their even poorer excuses. It' not your problem you live 45mins away. Offer, acceptance, intention, consideration. These legal obligations of a contract you have meet and the other party has not. You have every right to a full refund.

My recent issue with Aus Post was escalated for a refund of the costs for my ride share fees for incomplete delivery. Australia Post has accepted that their contractor behaved inappropriately, and did not follow proper postal procedures, and that compensation is due. I have now emailed copies of my ride share invoices awaiting a refund.

Absolutely and well said. I am also sick and tired of the BS bad domestic postal services, and their even poorer excuses. It' not your problem you live 45mins away. Offer, acceptance, intention, consideration. These legal obligations of a contract you have meet and the other party has not. You have every right to a full refund.

My recent issue with Aus Post was escalated for a refund of the costs for my ride share fees for incomplete delivery. Australia Post has accepted that their contractor behaved inappropriately, and did not follow proper postal procedures, and that compensation is due. I have now emailed copies of my ride share invoices awaiting a refund.
I'll be interested to hear how you go with your ride share refunds. But then my gripe isn't with AusPost, it's the dodge-it-and-bodge-it operations of Briefcase Holdings PTY Ltd that proliferate like flies on a dungheap here, usually for only a year or two until they acquire such a smelly reputation no-one will touch them and are then reborn under a new name.

By contrast, local service here from AusPost is above and beyond, and I have no complaints whatsoever. It might take a couple of months for a package to make it over from the North Island (and their tracking can be good for a laugh) but once it does so, delivery is fast and efficient. But I guess it helps that the community is small enough for us to be on first-name terms with the mail-lady and the folks at the local post office...

Mate if I managed 2019 what's stopping me from replicating things in 2021.

If anything I'd happily get another TF Customs Brush but @Vlasta has me covered with variety and I have heaps of soap, blades, splashes & RAD killing razors so its settled!
AnyWarpedAmethystgemclam-small.gif

Mate if I managed 2019 what's stopping me from replicating things in 2021.

If anything I'd happily get another TF Customs Brush but @Vlasta has me covered with variety and I have heaps of soap, blades, splashes & RAD killing razors so its settled!
AnyWarpedAmethystgemclam-small.gif
Did your wife tells you, you're supposed to be strickly on Sabbatical after you've won the PC CG razor????

Did your wife tells you, you're supposed to be strickly on Sabbatical after you've won the PC CG razor????
Each and everyday mate and no sign she'll let me forget :(
I broke my promise quickly but very happy with my collection so no need to add... Unless something uber special pops up but even then goodbye 2020 & embrace Sabbatical 2021!