May 2017 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Came in from USA today .. 1964 (J4) Slim Adjustable. All seems good so far. The dial at 8 and 9 is a little stuiff, but apart from that is in better condition than I expected. Edit - I hadn't undone the base enough to make it easy throughout the range. All good! Excited!

Came with Persona 74s. Once I have cleaned properly will see how it goes with these, Polsilvers and Feathers.

Paid the cheapest shipping method as I wanted delivery to my PO box - never checked tracking, as it usually only upsets...

I assume yours is in some post office/depot in Adelaide and they were just too lazy to deliver to you and you'll have on Monday...but you can touch mine on Sunday :D :D :D
Apparently someone at Australia Post must really be enjoying my razor as it still has not been delivered......

If it was not being delivered by Australia Post I would be starting to get worried.

Apparently someone at Australia Post must really be enjoying my razor as it still has not been delivered......

If it was not being delivered by Australia Post I would be starting to get worried.

Very sorry to hear that - in the future you should ship all your stuff to my PO Box for an afternoon pick up...that way you can also smuggle it all past your better half :D :D :D

IMG_0679_zps7gdevhs9.jpg
It's a good day.
Thanks @thisISjoel and @the_shaving_sailor

When Juan posted up his Omega offer, on top of the usual P&C discount, I couldn't help myself. It's almost embarrassing what I picked up these brand new brushes for!
Omega 48 (second from left), 49 (third from left) and S10005 (second from right). My Proraso brush is in the middle and you can see the difference in loft, although the new ones had never been wet in this photo. Nonno's boar brush with alu handle from the 70s is on the left and my Omega 80266 is third from right. You all know the one on the far right!

It's worth noting that the bristle on the Omega pros is a completely different colour to the Omega Proraso, which looks more bleached. The Proraso brush came with a completely different funk to it which also took a lot longer to get rid of to an acceptable level. I just let the 48 and 49 sit in some shampoo for awhile and then some soap and the funk is fine now. The plastic handles on the 48/49 also feel different / thicker / stronger than the Proraso brush, which has a bit of flex to it if I push on it, whereas the others are rock solid. I've already tried the 48 this morning and it's a massively different brush to the Proraso version to me - I'll put my thoughts in my SOTD.

Also picked up a Speick stick and Lea Classic Puck - I'm annoyed about that last one as it looks like Lea have moved to a "new" veggie formula in this line - you can see where they have put a new sticker over the ingredients list. I wouldn't have bought it if I knew this but I will see how it shaves anyway - at least I only bought one. That was because of my experience with the Lea tallow sticks, which are awesome!

IMG_0985_zpscrfyg5xv.jpg

When Juan posted up his Omega offer, on top of the usual P&C discount, I couldn't help myself. It's almost embarrassing what I picked up these brand new brushes for!
Omega 48 (second from left), 49 (third from left) and S10005 (second from right). My Proraso brush is in the middle and you can see the difference in loft, although the new ones had never been wet in this photo. Nonno's boar brush with alu handle from the 70s is on the left and my Omega 80266 is third from right. You all know the one on the far right!

It's worth noting that the bristle on the Omega pros is a completely different colour to the Omega Proraso, which looks more bleached. The Proraso brush came with a completely different funk to it which also took a lot longer to get rid of to an acceptable level. I just let the 48 and 49 sit in some shampoo for awhile and then some soap and the funk is fine now. The plastic handles on the 48/49 also feel different / thicker / stronger than the Proraso brush, which has a bit of flex to it if I push on it, whereas the others are rock solid. I've already tried the 48 this morning and it's a massively different brush to the Proraso version to me - I'll put my thoughts in my SOTD.

Also picked up a Speick stick and Lea Classic Puck - I'm annoyed about that last one as it looks like Lea have moved to a "new" veggie formula in this line - you can see where they have put a new sticker over the ingredients list. I wouldn't have bought it if I knew this but I will see how it shaves anyway - at least I only bought one. That was because of my experience with the Lea tallow sticks, which are awesome!

IMG_0985_zpscrfyg5xv.jpg
@RazorPlay in between Omega 49 white handle and the Omega 80266 white handle, because the knot and loft height looks very interesting what model is that brush???

Status
Not open for further replies.