Wolf Whisker Brushes at Maggards

Sorry @Rami - I am often confused about brushes as well and unfortunately @borked is right: you have to try some to understand/know what your likes and dislikes are... unfortunately I haven't found out yet either, so I guess I gave to try more :D
Come on, what's unfortunate about me being right?
It happens to the best of us... eventually :p
We all need more brushes!

Well guess who joined the wolf whiskers list last night?

I think I know which handle I like both @nsavage look v cool.

From a knot perspective I want a similar knot to the Shavemac 167 - Silver Tip Badger (24mm) but I would like to try it with a little more backbone.

Suggestions welcome :)

From a knot perspective I want a similar knot to the Shavemac 167 - Silver Tip Badger (24mm) but I would like to try it with a little more backbone.

In that case I would suggest the Shavemac 2 band Silvertip.

A Shavemac 2 band is awesome, and everyone should try one. It's my favourite knot. It's got much more backbone than the silver tip. Another suggestion, especially from Wolf Whiskers, is the 24mm Envy White. It is nice and soft, but with significant backbone. Peter usually carries them and the brush works out very reasonably (around US$115). The TGN 2 Band would also be pretty great.

Remember to use a freight forwarder when dealing with WW as he doesn't ship badger hair internationally.

A Shavemac 2 band is awesome, and everyone should try one. It's my favourite knot. It's got much more backbone than the silver tip. Another suggestion, especially from Wolf Whiskers, is the 24mm Envy White. It is nice and soft, but with significant backbone. Peter usually carries them and the brush works out very reasonably (around US$115). The TGN 2 Band would also be pretty great.

Remember to use a freight forwarder when dealing with WW as he doesn't ship badger hair internationally.
I thought someone would suggest that an Envy White knot would be a good option as well. As I have not personally had one I did not want to make that comment though. The TGN 2 band is also a great knot but definitely not as soft tips. I also understand that they can be a bit hit and miss.

I would strongly lean towards the envy white if I was in your position. It would be much simpler to get the brush with that knot from Peter and also is excellent value for money.

Remember this will probably not be the last brush you buy.

That sound good. Thanks @Psmith @nsavage. any idea regarding which freight forwarder to use?

Remember this will probably not be the last brush you buy.

Well I stuck with my first brush for 2 years. Although the gap between second and third brush is only 6 month.

This forum is a bad influence on me.

And for the sake of it I shall include some photos.....

First of the Wolf Whiskers, the badger is a TGN 2 bandas mentioned (and has since bloomed nicely) and the synthetic is

PUdldzo.jpg

bZPaQZE.jpg

]

Hey what's the shape called.

The first one (from memory) is a "Tyrion shaped handle in "Iron Throne" colour with a TGN Finest 2 band knot. I have been extremely lucky with the knot as it continues to develop nicely hooked tips :D

The first one (from memory) is a "Tyrion shaped handle in "Iron Throne" colour with a TGN Finest 2 band knot. I have been extremely lucky with the knot as it continues to develop nicely hooked tips :D

This is the brush that made me join their list. I blame you.

Now which knot ? I was thinking envy white and now you got me going toward tgn

Hmm

This is the brush that made me join their list. I blame you.

Now which knot ? I was thinking envy white and now you got me going toward tgn

Hmm
From what I understand the TGN are hit and miss. I have not heard a bad thing about the Envy White knots though.

How do you choose colours? And what size is the above. Also tempted by Pi day

How do you choose colours?
When your name comes up on the list you will get a link to an order form. I spent hours looking at these pictures before I picked my brushes http://www.wolfwhiskers.com/gallery.html. Funnily enough a handle exactly the same as that first one was already in the gallery. The other brush I chose the colour after much deliberation and my better half chose the handle.

Apparently it's the wrong shape, so he is asking to either redo in the right shape or I change the colour, or I should just keep it what do you think?

Last edited by a moderator: