10 - 20 - 30 Yeah right!!

bald as

ARKO! dealer & walking ECG
I saw an ad, didn't take any notice of the brand cartridge razor and they advertised 30 days from one cartridge. Me personally, I get about 3 decent shaves from a Feather DE, 5 decent shaves from an SE and then it is time to change out the blade. 30 comfortable shaves from a cartridge.

Now I'm not being silly but the discomfort level must be reasonably high by the 30 shave mark. And 30 shaves from a single cartridge is not a brilliant business model. I think the cartridge had 5 blades.

Paint me sceptical but that is a bit like saying you shave fully with a straight razor yet you have a goatee and a moustache.

My experience with a cartridge is really limited so maybe all the rumours and folk [fairy] tales are true that you get a better shave with a 5 blade slasher and it, the cartridge lasts for 30 days?

Now where are my keys and wallet.

@bald as I saw that on TV last night and I don't believe the new Gillette cartridge showing 5 blades is going to give them 30 days shave before changing a new cartridge blade, as YMMV this ad is totally misleading and I don't believe their going to get 1 month shaving from 1 cartridge blade. The new Gillette cartridge blade is trying to encourage people to buy the product and their trying to squeeze customers more money from their wallet that's all, it's all bullshit.

https://www.gilletteshaveclub.com/how-razor-subscription-works/howitworks.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2157084/Gillette-reveals-long-razors-last.html

Makes as much sense as sharpening carts with one of these. "150 shaves from one cartridge" but then it has a rating of 4.8 from 23 reviews so it maybe it does work.

Makes as much sense as sharpening carts with one of these. "150 shaves from one cartridge" but then it has a rating of 4.8 from 23 reviews so it maybe it does work.

@Sxot I'll ask my brother if he wants to get one because he still used cartridge razor, and beside my brother doesn't have the guts like me to change over to safety razor :p;)

@Mark1966 7 blade cart. nah I'll pass, beside it very hard to shave around the underside of the nose, and around the edge of the lip area waste of time and money.

chicken-1566602-640x480.jpg

See go away for a short time and miss all the etiquette. :)

Yeah - just charming huh :)

Doesn't he know I'm a mod ???? I wonder if I can ban him ;)

Doesn't he know I'm a mod ???? I wonder if I can ban him ;)

@Mark1966 of cause you're a mod what else would you like me to say? congratulations on you're rank and promotion here on P&C, would you like a beer maybe something stronger like Scotch Whiskey....................or Women can help you shave you're chin while you sit back and enjoy the show surrounding by women, and you know that's not going to happen in a million years or a million shaves;):D

Or maybe I can cheer you up;):D

Last edited:
Back on Topic ...

[see, that is what Mods do :)]