Alpha Claymore Evolution road trip: anyone interested?

gave both a bit of a run, there was also a yaqi SE in their also. Didnt care for the yaqi at all, the claymore wasnt too bad but just cant get into 'raking' my face, takes the DE fun out of it

thanks heaps for the Trial though @Gargravarr

I guess if the vector doesnt do it for me no rake will

gave both a bit of a run, there was also a yaqi SE in their also. Didnt care for the yaqi at all, the claymore wasnt too bad but just cant get into 'raking' my face, takes the DE fun out of it

thanks heaps for the Trial though @Gargravarr

I guess if the vector doesnt do it for me no rake will
Yeah, I have both the Hawk V3 and the Yaqi Rasta and have tried both the Feather Professional and the Schick Proline. I'm afraid the AC blade razors just don't appeal to me. Part of it may be the additional width, part maybe the blades and design.
But, it would be a mistake to let the experience of AC razors put you off all SE formats, there are great Gem, Injector and Auto-Strop razors out there waiting to be discovered.
I am, of course, bias toward SE razors and there is nothing wrong DE razors, they are almost as good 😉

Yeah, I have both the Hawk V3 and the Yaqi Rasta and have tried both the Feather Professional and the Schick Proline. I'm afraid the AC blade razors just don't appeal to me. Part of it may be the additional width, part maybe the blades and design.
But, it would be a mistake to let the experience of AC razors put you off all SE formats, there are great Gem, Injector and Auto-Strop razors out there waiting to be discovered.
I am, of course, bias toward SE razors and there is nothing wrong DE razors, they are almost as good 😉

I hear ya, but the biggest problem I have is 'the search' is now competing with my potential 'grail razor' the BB. I find this such a good shave I struggle to pick anything else I have up, let alone begin a search for a format of razor (AC) I dont have any mojo for.

Personally in my Den I love the WR2, Lupo 72 & 95, Rocca with the JAWs and R41 not too far behind this lot but the BB, well that just ticks every box for me.. so for now, my search for anything else is over....... (apart from possibly adding a WR1 and/or Blut) :)

I hear ya, but the biggest problem I have is 'the search' is now competing with my potential 'grail razor' the BB. I find this such a good shave I struggle to pick anything else I have up, let alone begin a search for a format of razor (AC) I dont have any mojo for.

Personally in my Den I love the WR2, Lupo 72 & 95, Rocca with the JAWs and R41 not too far behind this lot but the BB, well that just ticks every box for me.. so for now, my search for anything else is over....... (apart from possibly adding a WR1 and/or Blut) :)
Absolutely, there is no reason you should seek another format when you are very happy with what you have. It is also great to try new things without the expense of buying an expensive razor.

Absolutely, there is no reason you should seek another format when you are very happy with what you have. It is also great to try new things without the expense of buying an expensive razor.
Exactly what I was thinking. The Claymore is definitely not in the budget category of razors.

OK, how about we put a time on this, just to save confusion: say midnight on Sunday 30th, after which @StratMan can feel free to send the thing home whenever convenient if we get no replies. By that time, I should have a new RR barberpole handle to try with it...

no problem @Gargravarr, might even have one more shave with it in the meantime... how's the timeless going?
Go for it and enjoy. :) I have been reminded that DE shaving is not for me. That Timeless is by far the finest DE razor I've ever tried, including the Rocca, but I missed the feel of the stiffer AC and GEM blades. So I have let it go to another member whom I pipped at the post when you were selling it, along with the remains of that generous assortment of blades you sent. Catch and release. If I had tried the Timeless before the Vector, I might never have got hooked on the SE bug. I am grateful for the opportunity to try the German Wilkie, which I think would have made my #1 choice of blades while I was still using DEs.

Shocked there wasn't more interest to be honest, it's a great opportunity to try something new
I thought about giving it a go, but given the state of my finances, the last thing I need is for a NEW rabbit hole to suddenly pop open for me. I'm really happy with the Lupo 72 and a few different blades that work really well in it, so I'll keep enjoying that combo and work at quelling the desire for some bright, new, shiny toy that occasionally occurs. Thanks for your generosity @Gargravarr but I'm going to resist the temptation.

I thought about giving it a go, but given the state of my finances, the last thing I need is for a NEW rabbit hole to suddenly pop open for me. I'm really happy with the Lupo 72 and a few different blades that work really well in it, so I'll keep enjoying that combo and work at quelling the desire for some bright, new, shiny toy that occasionally occurs. Thanks for your generosity @Gargravarr but I'm going to resist the temptation.
If you try it and like it but don't have the finances, I have a 25% off coupon for Alpha Shaving you can have to use when you do:)

If you try it and like it but don't have the finances, I have a 25% off coupon for Alpha Shaving you can have to use when you do:)
Thanks, @Wilkshire13 that's very generous of you. I'm trying to simplify my life, cutting out waste and things I don't really need and focussing on people, not things. Partly this is because of the current cost of living shenanigans and partly because doing so allows me to be more generous to others. If I win the Powerball tomorrow I'd be happy to buy everyone on here whatever razor they want and 1000 blades of their choice, otherwise I'm content with my setup albeit with the occasional wistful gaze in the direction of some classy-looking bit of kit that I see on here.

Thanks, @Wilkshire13 that's very generous of you. I'm trying to simplify my life, cutting out waste and things I don't really need and focussing on people, not things. Partly this is because of the current cost of living shenanigans and partly because doing so allows me to be more generous to others. If I win the Powerball tomorrow I'd be happy to buy everyone on here whatever razor they want and 1000 blades of their choice, otherwise I'm content with my setup albeit with the occasional wistful gaze in the direction of some classy-looking bit of kit that I see on here.
Well said. In the last half hour I just saved myself from not quite financial ruin, but certainly the extreme disapprobation of SWMBO. I was about to hit the instabuy button for a Vector Ti (to supplement my beloved Vector SS) when a quick currency Czech brought me to my senses. $524 including 10% intro discount. :eek: Yikes. Fuck that.

The Ti version would have been much too light for me anyway... :rolleyes: :censored:

Well said. In the last half hour I just saved myself from not quite financial ruin, but certainly the extreme disapprobation of SWMBO. I was about to hit the instabuy button for a Vector Ti (to supplement my beloved Vector SS) when a quick currency Czech brought me to my senses. $524 including 10% intro discount. :eek: Yikes. Fuck that.

The Ti version would have been much too light for me anyway... :rolleyes: :censored:
Like I said if I win the Powerball tonight... I'll even chuck in a couple of soaps.;)

Fancy metal doesn't always equal a good shave! But it does always equal a lighter wallet.

No worries @Zeke. The offer is there and is open to anyone who wants it!

Sorry boys, forgot to buy a ticket!
So did I. :rolleyes:

Which reminds me of a Jewish joke that I ordinarily wouldn't retail on principle, except for the fact that I heard it centuries ago from a guy (my then landlord) in London, almost in the same breath as mentioning to me that he was Jewish...

Old Moshe used to pray every Saturday, "Please Jehovah, please fix it so I win the Lotto tonight..."
Eventually, Jehovah presumably got fed up with Moshe kvetching in his ear, so one night he answers:
"Oy, Moshe!
Meet me halfway. Buy a ticket."