APR/Squadron LE combo 'Australians All'

Status
Not open for further replies.
On another note I am really, really wanting to see what @SchoolForAnts has done/will do with the design for the bottle and the soap as aside from the name and providing the AP Reserve logo, I have not seen anything and I am starting to 'Jones' for a look :LOL:

Not even Mrs Schoolforants has seen the design yet

Oh FFS...Fair question :)

The 20 LE sets (and there is only 20) will drop on the 20th of October unless something unexpected occurs, in which case we will prevaricate and come up with other implausible excuses but in all likely hood the sets will drop at 6pm on the Friday evening or the Saturday morning with a limit of 1 set per person, unless of course no one wants them whereupon I will have egg on my face.
Well, if at all possible, I'd love to put my name down for a set now... :D
Yeah. A bit cheeky. But, it's just after my birthday (the 14th) and that's as good a reason as any.

As always, this should be fun/exciting/educational. There's no rush or pressure.
If nothing else I'm happy just cheering two of my favourite artisans from the sidelines. (y)

Well, if at all possible, I'd love to put my name down for a set now... :D
Yeah. A bit cheeky. But, it's just after my birthday (the 14th) and that's as good a reason as any.

Not possible even in jest, we are going to keep this really fair and give everyone in the P&C community a fair crack to buy a soap & splash set. To keep it all on an even keel we will announce the exact time that sales will go live and the mechanism for buying them closer to the release date, our aim in doing this is to provide ample advance notice so that people have a reasonable chance to grab a set if they decide they want one and know what the price will be and so forth.

This is absolutely not about creating an artificial scarcity, the fact is that the perfume for this project is quite costly and a little bit 'fancy' - mostly as a couple of the compounds I have used are now very expensive (Fire at the lab that makes them) and I have pulled them out of my AP Reserve stash as I knew using them would make for a bloody good fragrance, I made the decision in effect to use stock I cannot get at the same price and bring the perfume component (270 grams of base) in at below cost in the spirit of making the best possible fragrance and in recognition of working with Andy on our first collab, without having to set a price of $85 or so for a set. My taking a hit obviously has the effect of limiting supply for plain financial reasons (mine) so it was decided that 20 sets was the number that we would go forward with, and that also Andy could also allocate his time to do in regards to the soap, packaging, postage, order processing and incidentals.

@SchoolForAnts will provide more information as to how the logistics will unfold as he has kindly offered to process payments and delivery. Just as a heads up which I may have mentioned (??) the sets will be $60 and only available as the bundle with no individual items being available - we want this to be clean, easy and hassle free and we both design and make products to be used together. This price does not include postage, however the costs will be in the normal Aust Post ballpark.

:)

Exactly as @todras said - I'll run the sales and postage via the Squadron website, and cost will be at regular AusPost ballpark.

The 20 sets will be offered only to P&C members initially. To be brutally honest only 22 sets are being made (1 set each for @todras and myself) once the 20 are sold... thats it,

We're both pretty excited to be coming together to release something.

Good work boys ... so good to see collaboration between two great Artisans ... like in music... collabs are where its at lol;)

Is it APR feat Squadron Soaps or Squadsoaps feat APR ?:LOL:

So many thoughts come to mind but firstly HUGE appreciation to @todras and @SchoolForAnts - I mean in such a small market as Australia you could be arch rivals and working to undercut each other at every turn to protect market share - instead you are collaborating on a joint project, and one that will not be a money spinner I'm sure.

I'm still torn as to whether to fight tooth and nail for something which will be very special or seek to sit this one out and give others a chance, We shall see how that internal battle plays out over the next few weeks. In the meantime even Wikipedia is recording the event (at least for now!)-

Damn it - if we'd held off till the 21st we could have shared it on International Nacho day, or the 22nd International CAPS LOCK DAY or stut stut stut stut stuttering day
mmm, with extra 'jalapeño' scent? That would leave many many red burning faces :D

Jokes apart. This colaborative set looks really tasty, as long as menthol does not go out of control :)

unless of course no one wants them whereupon I will have egg on my face.

While I'm voting Yes, I am sorry to disappoint you that this will never happen.

mmm, with extra 'jalapeño' scent? That would leave many many red burning faces :D

Jokes apart. This colaborative set looks really tasty, as long as menthol does not go out of control :)
You mean there's none?

You mean there's none?

Not sure about what?
about menthol?
I wish there were none xD
Nah, a bit is good, but i am not a big fan. It just appeared the crystal on the first post so maybe it was overpowdering?

About jalapeño scent?
mmm, don't think so, but... could be? I am dealing to get mexican artisan soap, but I reckon not even they add capsicum scent or jalapeño "pomada" on then :p

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.