April 2013 Member Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You &^%#@%@#^#@ - that seller wouldn't even talk to me about shipping to AUS!
!

The offer of an American postal address is available.
In fact availablke to any member with the understanding he will accumulate for a while and then post. Only direct postal costs to me will be necessary.

The offer of an American postal address is available.
In fact availablke to any member with the understanding he will accumulate for a while and then post. Only direct postal costs to me will be necessary.

Yes, but I didn't want to take advantage of your generosity - they are only blades after all ...

I did consider asking for Floid, but everyone describes it as a powdery scent, and I don't think I'd like that. I'm kinda hoping Speick is around in supermarkets and chemists over there, but sadly due to my sensitive skin, I'm a little limited with aftershaves.

Have you tried Acqua di Parma by any chance, Jug? It's pricey, but that's a good reason to try and have my folks chase it down.

No mate, never tried that.

I do have some Floid left from a group buy some time ago and it is quite good. I don't know about powdery, I found it to be more masculine than that.

If you can get the di Parma cheap then do it, prices over here are crazy.

Got my Spoilers today, thanks Mark!

The iKon OSS I got on a B/S/T elsewhere still hasn't arrived, it's been about two weeks. I'm getting antsy, I have an SB base plate here waiting for it already.

Been down in Dunsboro a few days. Me and the wife went into one of these light industrial lpaces, selling artisan soaps. Couldn't help myself and bought a shave soap, lemongrass, rosmary and whatever, smelt very nice. Seemed like it would be ok, they had a sink and brush there to try it, and other products out. Seemed to lather fine.

Got it home and it's an absolute POS. MWF creates the worlds greatest lather, next to this crap. Using all my considerable skill and experience, I get off as much product as humanly possible, and it still won't lather on the face long enough to get a razor to it.

Looking at the ingredients, it's got olive oil and palm oil in it. You'd think people who make "Artisan" soap would know these two won't lather for shit. Another piece of crap to go in the shower.

On the other hand, we spent the morning at Simmo's, one of the wife's clents, and got ice creamed up for free. They do a premium range now too.

Been down in Dunsboro a few days. Me and the wife went into one of these light industrial places, selling artisan soaps. Couldn't help myself and bought a shave soap, lemongrass, rosmary and whatever, smelt very nice. Seemed like it would be ok, they had a sink and brush there to try it, and other products out. Seemed to lather fine.

artisan...shave soap <- there is your problem!

Seriously, unless an artisan PRIMARILY does shave soaps I wouldn't bother

Got it home and it's an absolute POS. MWF creates the worlds greatest lather, next to this crap. Using all my considerable skill and experience, I get off as much product as humanly possible, and it still won't lather on the face long enough to get a razor to it.

Looking at the ingredients, it's got olive oil and palm oil in it. You'd think people who make "Artisan" soap would know these two won't lather for shit. Another piece of crap to go in the shower.

It does make you wonder doesn't it. I've had a similar experience with an artisan soap given to me as a gift. I looked at the ingredients and had to try hard not to look dissappointed :sad2:

On the other hand, we spent the morning at Simmo's, one of the wife's clents, and got ice creamed up for free. They do a premium range now too.

That would be this place?

Been down in Dunsboro a few days. Me and the wife went into one of these light industrial lpaces, selling artisan soaps. Couldn't help myself and bought a shave soap, lemongrass, rosmary and whatever, smelt very nice. Seemed like it would be ok, they had a sink and brush there to try it, and other products out. Seemed to lather fine.

Looks like a job for..........MARKO!!!

Unfortunately they've closed up shop in Margaret River. Did you do the liquorice? Was down that way myself over the weekend. Unfortuntely couldn't stop at my usual haunt to pick you up another one of those brushes to go with your Dunsborough soap. I'm sure they'd be a great combo.

Try some distilled water to lather it Drubs.

If they designed it and have been working off rainwater it might just s*** itself when exposed to the extreme hardness of Perth Scheme water. Seems odd it lathered fine in the shop...

Looks like a job for..........MARKO!!!

Unfortunately they've closed up shop in Margaret River. Did you do the liquorice? Was down that way myself over the weekend. Unfortuntely couldn't stop at my usual haunt to pick you up another one of those brushes to go with your Dunsborough soap. I'm sure they'd be a great combo.

Simmo's had a few franchises around, but they clearly didn't take off. I picked up the Ethiopian coffee and chocolate wafer, although the Snickers or Mars was tempting.

The soap factory had drooling banjos, but in the best Artisan tradition they were marked up 500%

Try some distilled water to lather it Drubs.

If they designed it and have been working off rainwater it might just s*** itself when exposed to the extreme hardness of Perth Scheme water. Seems odd it lathered fine in the shop...

Won't even work with coles finest spring water.

It lathered in the shop, I didn't get a chance to see if it stuck around. It doesn't, it evaporates in seconds on the face.

Plus, it's women that make the stuff...You got to wonder if they actually test this stuff.

After much impatience, the postman threw this over my fence this morning.

ikonwithsbplate.jpg

This is an iKon OSS with a Bulldog handle, and I acquired the additional SB base plate for it as well. I like the idea of having interchangeable base plates. The OSS is supposed to be mild, despite being half open comb. The SB is supposed to be moderately aggressive, more so than a 34C.

I'll have a crack with it tonight. Just holding it in my hand, I'm very impressed with the quality. The handle is exceptional.

Status
Not open for further replies.