April 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

That would be my choice of I was going to bother with it. In truth, though, I always liked the knot better than I liked the handle. As you know, there are lots of really lovely handles around, and (I'll probably be burned as a heretic for saying this) Simpson just doesn't cut it.

Besides, I think Mrs Gargravarr might have heard my eyeballs rolling around on the floor when I was looking at CaYuen's Etsy page the other night. The brush I was most interested in suddenly disappeared, and I suspect she might have been anticipating a certain birthday... :whistle:
There appear to be a bunch of awesome brush makers selling on Etsy and CaYuen's work looks great. 2022 can't come enough!!! :nailbiting:

If you decide to reknot, pls do it justice and don't do...you know what I mean...
Umm, not really. Are you alluding to my preference for synthetics?

Anyway, I haven't seen it since the move to TAS, so the question is moot. It has occurred to me that if I find it, I might just put it up here as a PIF for someone who appreciates it better.

Thats what I like to see. Hmm must have a few soaps by now.

Yes moar than a few. :)

Didn't realise you could still get fruit de la passion

I wasn't aware it was a re-release?
I think there was a collaboration soap with Barrister & Mann a while ago called Passi Flora or something like that.

I was keen on the passionfruit scent as it's one of the citrus scents I don't really have. Smells great off the tub, passionfruit with some floral to tie the citrus down.

BLOODY RIPPER MAIL CALLED TODAY!!

1841-DA37-3-EE4-4-A79-92-CE-3303702-FA8-E8.jpg

Shut up about the soap, okay (y)

RazoRock SS Lupo 95 with a bulldog handle and the Muhle SS R41GS.

Holy bloody mother of Muhle the handle is not the same as the original R89 chrome light weight, because, the width of the handle is wider and seriously looks and feels SS with a bloody good heft including the SS R41 head. The overall feel, weight and balance is ABSOLUTELY BLOODY BRILLIANT!, so I don’t need to change the handle over the bulldog or the Rockwell 6C. Everything feels absolutely bloody MAGNIFICENT!

1841-DA37-3-EE4-4-A79-92-CE-3303702-FA8-E8.jpg

Holy bloody mother of Muhle the handle is not the same as the original R89 chrome light weight, because, the width of the handle is wider and seriously looks and feels SS with a bloody good heft including the SS R41 head. The overall feel, weight and balance is ABSOLUTELY BLOODY BRILLIANT!, so I don’t need to change the handle over the bulldog or the Rockwell 6C. Everything feels absolutely bloody MAGNIFICENT!
Looking forward to your thoughts on both especially the R41GS as I've read the shave is slightly smoother but great score!!!

But seriously, do you really need MOAR soaps!?!? :p

MOAR BLOODY SOAPS :LOL:(y)(y)

The razors just hitched a ride for the free shipping.:cool:

There ain't no place like home. Great to see the family and then find out this has arrived.

U6t121ll.jpg

d9eYzqjl.jpg

You can tell this was a labour of love.
Engineers tell me they were trained to arrive at not necessarily the best solution but the best economical solution which frustrates me no end as in my industry there are so many examples of infrastructure built that would have saved money in the longer term if the build had been to a higher standard.
This piece is not an example of that philosophy. It is obviously born of the passion of a man who wanted to build a technical, beautiful, efficient, artful and functional piece.
Hope it shaves like it looks.:)