AusFarce or AusFantastic?

We really need a way to oust the fool that's running the show and implement someone like you in the position @Mark1966.
Stuff will be delivered tomorrow and change that to yesterday if it's shave related ;)

7 days later i'm still waiting on a razor to arrive to Newcastle from just North of Melbourne. It says it was picked up 12:33pm last Friday and that its in transit with no other scans yet.

Prepare yourselves for more pain.

1900 job losses at Australia Post

Maybe with 1900 less people to handle items it will go from the guy in Sydney to the guy driving the truck to the guy in Canberra rather than through the guys in Chullora then the other guys in Chullora then the third guy in Chullora then the guy in St Leonards then back to the fourth guy in Chullora and then to the guy driving the truck to the guy in Canberra ;)

What about rhe guy in QLD?
He wull get mighty pissed if not included and call an union backed strike!

lvp3eGH.png

Dropped the Hoar off at Bourke Street Post Office before 9am Monday and so far it's made it to Granville. Maybe they've changed from alternative days to alternative weeks for delivery.

I dropped Alfredus' WD brush in a post box in Condobolin late last week and still not even a status on the tracking number. Maybe some postie is enjoying the brush :-(

I'll never use a post box again, at least over the counter they scan it received. First problem I've ever had bar some slower deliveries.

Yep. It's been an AusFarce month so far for me too... [emoji26]

Seriously a big problem - a package I sent @Draco Noir is shown to be delivered - the only problem is, we don't know who it got delivered to :( :( :(

I will now use the Office Works system a couple of times and see how that goes...

Had an AusPost staff member drop in to discuss a missing several hundred dollar parcel.
Interesting fact: two sorting machines at Chullora.
Each, when working, can process 30k parcels a hour.
As for the missing parcel... compensation ?

Had an AusPost staff member drop in to discuss a missing several hundred dollar parcel.
Interesting fact: two sorting machines at Chullora.
Each, when working, can process 30k parcels a hour.
As for the missing parcel... compensation ?
how many actually work? I'm guessing it's like the road workers who take shifts leaning on the shovel...

Not good to hear about the missing parcel... Not good at all. Yours I take it?

I've a razor in the ether somewhere between here and France, from whence it departed over a month ago according to La poste.
It appears auspost have some competition

I've a razor in the ether somewhere between here and France, from whence it departed over a month ago according to La poste.

Vive la révolution

how many actually work? I'm guessing it's like the road workers who take shifts leaning on the shovel...

Not good to hear about the missing parcel... Not good at all. Yours I take it?
The two sorting machines apparently cost half a billion dollars iirc.
They're far from reliable apparently.

https://www.17track.net/en/
Might provide more information.

An update on Alfredus' brush - it did get delivered yesterday.

What a great tracking system, the first and only entry is 'delivered'

The postie must have read this thread

Odd you mention the 'tracking'. Yesterday I learned a little something from AusPost. I was in town dropping off @borked 's parcel. So afters a little chat about the local goings-on with my local postie (so much better giving your custom to locals rather than the faceless city machines....and soul-less Canberra nonetheless....shudder!) I proceeded out the door and he called me back.
"Hey do you want your receipt?"
"Oh yeah, thanks for that Bruce. That could have been ugly. Will need that for the tracking number"
"That's not a tracking number!"
"Yeah this R number thing here?" Pointing to some approximate region on the receipt, I'm lost without my glasses on you see.
"Nah that's just a lodgement receipt."
"But I can track it online"
"You can see it's been lodged and sometimes delivered but its not a Tracking Number mate. Not officially"
"Hey Reg"
"Hey Reg"
"Fellas"
We both doff our hats as Reg walks into the post office.
I continue out the door scratching my head
....so that's the word from AusPost

You do remember the case of the parcel I sent to you, you received, yet shows as lodged only ?

Odd you mention the 'tracking'. Yesterday I learned a little something from AusPost. I was in town dropping off @borked 's parcel. So afters a little chat about the local goings-on with my local postie (so much better giving your custom to locals rather than the faceless city machines....and soul-less Canberra nonetheless....shudder!) I proceeded out the door and he called me back.
"Hey do you want your receipt?"
"Oh yeah, thanks for that Bruce. That could have been ugly. Will need that for the tracking number"
"That's not a tracking number!"
"Yeah this R number thing here?" Pointing to some approximate region on the receipt, I'm lost without my glasses on you see.
"You can see it's been lodged and sometimes delivered but its not a Tracking Number mate. Not officially"
"Hey Reg"
"Hey Reg"
"Fellas"
We both doff our hats as Reg walks into the post office.
I continue out the door scratching my head
....so that's the word from AusPost
They advertise all items are registered/tracked, so I do understand your confusion.

... Will need that for the tracking number"
"That's not a tracking number!" ...

"You can see it's been lodged and sometimes delivered but its not a Tracking Number mate. Not officially" ...

You just have to LOVE that sort of talk don't you. They wonder why AusPost is losing money hand over fist.

If a 'pizza' company (term used loosely) allows me to track my pizza to my door why can't a 'delivery' company track my deliveries - to my door!

I purchased a Tom Bihn (great bags) a few years ago and I got almost constant updates all the way from Seattle via UPS including through customs in SYD where they paperwork was all pre-prepared and it just sailed through.

I wonder whether I should include a GPS tracker in all future high value parcels?

Last edited: