AusFarce or AusFantastic?

I'm with you @Mark1966 . I've been blown away with FedEx tracking recently. Had a camera bag that needed a warranty repair. FedEx packed the item at Fyshwick gave me a tracking number and I watched it make it's way to Florida (totalled close to 20 events). It's currently on its way back - post-repair. 9th event finds it sojourning in Honolulu....jeez I wish I as in that box right now.

But yeah it won't be long and you can remotely activate - from your device - the GPS and GoPro on the drone carrying your parcel.

P.S. them Tom Bihn bags do look quite nice. I've been after a new travel duffel. I'd almost settled on a Fjallraven but this is no in m y considering. How's their workmanship?

Yeah @stillshunter the TB bags are nice. Well made, good features, lot of thinking goes into them. Little $$$ but ...

I use a Tri Star for all my travelling it's just awesome. Tough, well made, well thought out. It still looks new while other bags are falling apart. I reckon you recoup your money in the long run.

If it's travel duffle you want look no further than their aeronought

Good choice @Nonick - I have the Tri-Star and the Cadet.

Rather than hijack this thread as a trend setting mod I've posted a new thread with some thoughts here.

BOT of lamblasting our favourite delivery service...

From another thread:
This is not the first item been displayed delivered to the wrong location and I've not received.
Let me tell you a tale of 2 parcels.

Last week I had a parcel that was (supposedly) addressed to my street address, rejected and returned to sender. The good news is that it made it back (another couple of days...) to the sender. The bad news was that the sender (from eBay) wasn't happy and wanted me to pay for extra postage. He couldn't find me at fault so he had to re-send it (this time to am the parcel locker address). I'm still waiting for it...

The second parcel arrived on my doorstep yesterday. Problem was it had a completely different address to my own on it! The "AusPost delivery contractor" delivered it to the wrong address...

Almost a legitimate call for an AusPost representative join this site to deal with our specific issues alone!
Frustrating, to put it politely.

On Saturday evening I placed an order with the online version of a Aussie B&M retailer (macpac.com.au) for a couple of items - total cost just a smidge over $100. So 'postage' was free.

This morning I get an email from the store - order processed and its on its way.

This afternoon I get an SMS from DHL. Estimated to be delivered tomorrow with the option to click on a link to select a delivery option. I was hoping for a delivery window but it was merely seeking confirmation that I would be present then with the option of rescheduling if I wasn't.

Now I realise missed deliveries are a PITA for couriers so this is in their interests BUT ...

1. I ordered Saturday - will receive it tomorrow (in CBR!)
  2. I paid $0.00 additional for postage (obviously Macpac is covering this but it must be marginal)
  3. I was given some control over the delivery time

Ahmed Fahour if you are listening - THIS IS HOW IT IS DONE PROPERLY!

Last edited:
Mate, post that upon AusPost's social media sites.

Ausfarce: M66 sent me a few blades in a swap deal on 20th July and they only turned up yesterday.
Ausfantastic: I sent some different blades to filobiblic on Thursday afternoon and they arrived today!

Both were sent the same way, in envelopes

Unacceptable.

My local Postie Andy is gold. He knows most of the street by name and will hand deliver it with a chat if you're around. He'd never do anything like that but I'm sure many do though...

It was probably only some old china vase anyway

Prototype Schick krona adjustable.

Ordered a camera from Hong Kong on Saturday and it arrived today.

Eat that Ausfarce!
Did AusPost fulfil the last leg of the despatch - i.e., in Australia? If so, be careful who you poke in the eye mate.

Nope AusFarce for me. Two deliveries still circling the Sorting Centre buoys. ...one been at Sunshine VIC for two days now and the one coming from QLD to CBR..."THROUGH" THE SAME FUCKING PLACE 2 DAYS LATER....HOW FUCKING BIG IS THIS CHULLORA SITE?

Fri 13/11/15 07:40 Processed through Australia Post facility at CHULLORA NSW

Wed 11/11/15 09:15 Processed through Australia Post facility at CHULLORA NSW

Tue 10/11/15 08:19 Processed through Australia Post facility at UNDERWOOD QLD

Mon 09/11/15 12:06 Received by Australia Post at AMBERLEY QLD