Review Barrister & Mann 'Latha'

Now I have four. :p

Still none... I left that first post there unmerged for a reason :sneaky:

In all honesty, I'm kind of beholden to the market. We make what the masses will buy. Perfume allows for a lot more artistic experimentation than shaving soap, I'm afraid.

Seriously, you had a bad response from everwhere other than P&C on #1? I thought it was the pick of the bunch by a long way, echoed by @borked and also @shavetheman at our meetup in Sydney earlier this year.

Will, do you have any stock of proto #1 left ?
I'm unwilling to await the market to wake up to their error :(

Still none... I left that first post there unmerged for a reason :sneaky:

Seriously, you had a bad response from everwhere other than P&C on #1? I thought it was the pick of the bunch by a long way, echoed by @borked and also @shavetheman at our meetup in Sydney earlier this year.

I would call it "less positive than #2," which is what was important. We needed something that would appeal to the masses.

I do, as a matter of fact. I'll check and see how many tomorrow. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

What did they prefer #3? Surely not as #3 smelt like OMO, Fab or is Softly to my nose? Then again maybe tastes differ around the globe - well of course they must as no self-respecting human can actually like Dr. Pepper.

What did they prefer #3? Surely not as #3 smelt like OMO, Fab or is Softly to my nose? Then again maybe tastes differ around the globe - well of course they must as no self-respecting human can actually like Dr. Pepper.
Actually, that's where you're wrong mate.
I've found, almost without exception (I'm excluding the gronk that mixed Dr Pepper with his bourbon as a statistical anomaly) that those that appreciate the Dr's fine brew, are superior in at least one worthy and notable trait!
I do agree though with your nose, 3 = fabric softner, 2 = lux flakes.

#3 was Spree Laundry powder, specifically:

112120_spree_laundry_powder_concentrate.jpg

#2 was less pickable, just a generalised soapy clean smell. Was okay but at least #1 was something really special.

The Lavender/Vetiver/Tonka stormer which was much more refined than the Simpson's Lavender & Vetiver. Pretty sure there was a bit of oakmoss and possibly just a touch of citrus (probably graprefuit) just to round it out. A classic masculine fougere-leaning barbershop scent without it being too heavy.