Best shaving razor

Ferret619

Foolish Possums are not Grand Poobahs
2018 Sabbatical
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Out of all your razors which gives you the cleanest, easiest shave?

For me, it's my ball end tech.
It's a razor I never hoped to own as it was my fathers and my mum gave it to me earlier this year when he passed suddenly.
There are many razors I love the look of more and find TTO just much more functional but when I need a close easy shave 'tis the ball end tech I reach for.

My best all time favorite razor is the Colonial Razors "The General Alum. Head" with iKon bulldog handle, Gillette Ball End Tech 1946-50 I've been using this morning is still great easy to reach right under the nose going WTG pass so I don't have to worry to much about going XTG under my nose.

Cleanest - my Feather Artist Club DX
Easiest - Rockwell 6S
Half way house - Fatip Grande

Not that I have tried a lot of razors but the more efficient, the cleaner the shave. The milder, the easier.
Your worse than me, I ask for your best shaving razor and you name three lol :) and 2 of which I don't have... ugh

cleanest, easiest shave from an OC razor - British Gillette Aristocrat #15

cleanest, easiest shave from an CC razor - British Gillette Aristocrat #16

cleanest, easiest shave from an Art Deco Style razor - Darwin Standard

cleanest, easiest shave from a razor with a magnet in the base - Eclipse Red Ring

cleanest, easiest shave from a 112 year old razor - Gillette Double Ring

cleanest, easiest shave from a frankenrazor - British Gillette NEW head on a TSW Bren handle

cleanest, easiest shave from an adjustable razor - Gillette Fatboy

cleanest, easiest shave from a two-piece razor - British Gillette #88 set

cleanest, easiest shave from a three piece razor - Gillette New Improved Bostonian

cleanest, easiest shave from ...

OK, I might leave it there, I'm getting a little obsessive ...

Sorry @Ferret619

Haha my attempts to make you lot write my shopping list has backfired, thanks @Mark1966!

Honestly, most people will do well to have a fatboy or slim, plus another razor. There's a reason why these two are so popular, and they definitely get the best performance out of a majority of blades and especially those in the Gillette family.

The other razor I'd suggest would be a modern. Rockwell is popular for a reason, maybe a Futur might suit you better. So you really can get away with 2 razors in terms of DEs and not spend a small fortune. Unless your name is @Mark1966 in which case you buy all the razors.

Honestly, most people will do well to have a fatboy or slim, plus another razor. There's a reason why these two are so popular, and they definitely get the best performance out of a majority of blades and especially those in the Gillette family.

The other razor I'd suggest would be a modern. Rockwell is popular for a reason, maybe a Futur might suit you better. So you really can get away with 2 razors in terms of DEs and not spend a small fortune. Unless your name is @Mark1966 in which case you buy all the razors.
Very true, I have a clean slim and a fatboy currently being sorted by Dave and I'd be happy using a fatboy daily but Things like slants, english variants and other oddities make me too curious.

The more razors I use, the more I find out that I know less. There are a lot more good razors than there are razors that don't suite my requirements. Having said that the best razor I have used is the Ikon B1 slant.

I'll get in quick before tomorrow (why you may ask? Because then I try my new Mamba which arrived today along with my Figgy Puddin').
Anyway, ...Fatboy, ball end Tech, Ikon 101, and Gillette NEW LC.
After tomorrow, who knows. May sell all the others or sell the Mamba.

Whilst I absolutely love my 6S, I'd have to say my all time favorite remains the Progress.

The extreme blade bend, the head geometry, the intuitive blade angle and the comfortable fluted handle make it absolutely perfect for me.

I have two of the XL and one standard.

Unfortunately, not one vintage Gillette, injector, gem or the majority of modern razors gave me a good shave. In fact, back in 2011, I was about to go back to carts after having tried over 50 razors...then I discovered the Progress and I never looked back!

I do have a variant on the way as it's basically a copy of the Progress and it's received universally awesome praise!

Last edited: