Changeover Day

Pulled all the hardware out from bottom 3 shelves - I am sure those brushes breed like mushrooms ;)
SaLUPNu.jpg

...and begrudgingly swapped this lot
PoLY4Rz.jpg

...for that lot -may have held a few favourites back
MF8CIs5.jpg

...and ended up with this dry season den + few items for BST
Bj3SoUf.jpg

brushes appropriately distributed to hide numbers from SWMBO :X3:

Lovely!

Well I got NOTHING on @Holiday - but today, belatedly, and without pictures, Changeover Day (TM) happened for me.

Very late this year, but still seems too early as well!

I mean, look at the forecast for the coming week -

Wi0hRLdl.png

Weird, weird weather.

Well I got NOTHING on @Holiday - but today, belatedly, and without pictures, Changeover Day (TM) happened for me.

Very late this year, but still seems too early as well!

I mean, look at the forecast for the coming week -

Weird, weird weather.

I'm well over due too but been focused on finishing product. Definitely not the dry season but only just started raining the past few weeks. Build up "Mango Madness" at its peak.
You are scratching to get out of your own skin without any added irritants

kbqH57I.png

I'm well over due too but been focused on finishing product. Definitely not the dry season but only just started raining the past few weeks. Build up "Mango Madness" at its peak.
You are scratching to get out of your own skin without any added irritants

kbqH57I.png

average-relative-humidity-australia-canberra.png

We get the flipside

Somehow, I find 80% humidity a bit easier to bear when the temperature is -5° than when it's 35°+. When I arrived as a new migrant in Perth in the late-ish 80s, the summers were always dry and quite bearable, even when the mercury hit 42°. As time wore on, I found they got more and more muggy, and evaporative aircon just made it worse. Tasmania weather (I can't in honesty call it a climate) has many challenges, but at least a sweaty summer isn't among them. This year, I guess we might not get a summer at all... :unsure:

I just rode home, down to 6°C and raining, just lovely.
Sounds lovely, I probably worked up more of a sweat sitting at my desk in the air-conditioned office :)

Deploying a new changeover tact this year out with the old and in with the new one at a time with goodbye/hello shaves as I go

Starting with SV - Dolomiti is one for special occasions a delightful triple milled strong Italian citrus
9husKIk.jpg

Sometimes you just KNOW that it is the day ...

Xh5qd95l.jpg

The Autumn/Winter selection -

RmUy91Bl.jpg

Xh5qd95l.jpg

RmUy91Bl.jpg
Funny you should mention that, I've never bothered with a changeover, but the recent princely gift of Art of Shaving (Valobra) Sandalwood has nudged me out of my usual rut, and last week I had a sudden urge for a bay rum. I decided on the P&B Imperial Rum since it has been raved about here. And I might just reach out for a Stirling sample too... :unsure:

I might move one or two of the others out of the way for the next few months.

I notice you do Fenchurch and Spitfire all year round...

Xh5qd95l.jpg

RmUy91Bl.jpg
Changeover is a waste of time, I never used dark, deep and strong scent shaving soaps in spring and summer. It’s just common sense really, I don’t mind using any spring and summer scent shaving soaps in autumn and winter.