ChatGPT and other ai discussion

Gargravarr

Our resident snake charmer
I like the call on ChatGPT for an answer. It's very, very good a bullshitting (hence my current sig, which suggests that it may have been designed by someone with the soul of a true poet with a sense of humour).

I like the call on ChatGPT for an answerthat. It's very, very good a bullshitting (hence my current sig, which suggests that it may have been designed by someone with the soul of a true poet with a sense of humour).
Everybody knows that ChatGPT is a super bull-shitter, why, would anyone think that stupid to continue reading or viewing ChatGPT.

Everybody knows that ChatGPT is a super bull-shitter, why, would anyone think that stupid to continue reading or viewing ChatGPT.
If ChatGPT can be persuaded to come up with gems such as...

Be thou not as a trumpet of the night, O wife, but let thy snoring be as the whisper of a dove. For it is not fitting that thy spouse be disturbed in his slumber, and thus let thy rest be as sweet as thy countenance. Proverbs 19:3

...then there is still hope for us all. Technology put to good use is something we should all applaud. 👏 👏

But probably time to change my sig. :unsure:

You can spend hours trawling the internet from BS to verified facts or let ChatGPT do it for you in seconds and yes it has its limitations "rubbish in = rubbish out"

Just say ‘NO Vegan Shaving Soaps’
No, because I don't really care much either way. For instance, MdC works beautifully for me. And we have been assured by @rhodes96 (though we haven't heard from him for a long time, I hope he's OK :unsure: ), whose collection at the last public count was even more massive than yours, that there are plenty of modern veg-based soaps that are at least as good as tallow. Which BTW makes perfect sense to me.

You can spend hours trawling the internet from BS to verified facts or let ChatGPT do it for you in seconds and yes it has its limitations "rubbish in = rubbish out"
Sometimes it comes up with rubbish of its own. Guardian Australia editor Lenore Taylor recently posted a column where she mentioned she asked ChatGPT to come up with a biography of herself, and it came back with a flattering article listing a whole bunch of awards that never existed, and she had never won.

Sometimes it comes up with rubbish of its own. Guardian Australia editor Lenore Taylor recently posted a column where she mentioned she asked ChatGPT to come up with a biography of herself, and it came back with a flattering article listing a whole bunch of awards that never existed, and she had never won.
Does she mention which awards it go wrong? Sometimes it's the way information is published that gets misinterpreted by AI

Does she mention which awards it go wrong? Sometimes it's the way information is published that gets misinterpreted by AI
Sure, it's in this article...

Here's the relevant quote:

As a simplistic example exercise which I could factcheck very easily, I asked ChatGPT to write a profile of me. I must say it was very flattering, but it got a couple of things wrong, including my birth year, the year I started journalism, where I have worked, when I was awarded a Walkley award and what it was for, apparently I won the award for covering the Goss government’s first budget in 1995, when I have actually never covered Queensland politics and anyway the first budget was in 1990. The mistakes went on, culminating in the “fact” that in 2018 I was apparently awarded “the Press Freedom Medal by the Australian Journalists’ Association” in recognition of my “outstanding contribution to the defence of media freedom and the public’s right to know”, which would have been lovely but the AJA has not existed as a standalone entity since 1992. While I think the press council might occasionally award a similar-sounding medal, I have certainly never won it. It was all written in a highly credible emulation of real human prose.

Sure, it's in this article...

Here's the relevant quote:

As a simplistic example exercise which I could factcheck very easily, I asked ChatGPT to write a profile of me. I must say it was very flattering, but it got a couple of things wrong, including my birth year, the year I started journalism, where I have worked, when I was awarded a Walkley award and what it was for, apparently I won the award for covering the Goss government’s first budget in 1995, when I have actually never covered Queensland politics and anyway the first budget was in 1990. The mistakes went on, culminating in the “fact” that in 2018 I was apparently awarded “the Press Freedom Medal by the Australian Journalists’ Association” in recognition of my “outstanding contribution to the defence of media freedom and the public’s right to know”, which would have been lovely but the AJA has not existed as a standalone entity since 1992. While I think the press council might occasionally award a similar-sounding medal, I have certainly never won it. It was all written in a highly credible emulation of real human prose.
Interesting when I asked for her autobiography it did not mention that award :unsure:

Interesting when I asked for her autobiography it did not mention that award :unsure:
You asked ChatGPT? For an autobiography or a biography? Or profile?

Or maybe someone kicked its ass since she wrote the article. Which wouldn't be surprising, given that she gets a lot of exposure, so there would be some red faces.

Last edited:
As I said before, never believe anything from ChatGPT it’s AI bullsh#t, be honest would you really trust an AI like the Terminator?

giphy.gif

You asked ChatGPT? For an autobiography or a biography? Or profile?

Or maybe someone kicked its ass since she wrote the article. Which wouldn't be surprising, given that she gets a lot of exposure, so there would be some red faces.
Biography, you could also argue if a profile is factual or stereotypical

Biography, you could also argue if a profile is factual or stereotypical
I guess so, and I'm sure a seasoned journalist such as she is perfectly capable of telling the difference. But I'm equally certain she has every right to pull the rug from under such a "service" that (according to some opinions) ostensibly threatens her career.

Oh well my career is safe because I'm a nobody:

I'm sorry, but I couldn't find any specific information about a person named XXXXXXXXXXXXXX born on January 21, 1966, in XXXXXXXXXX. It's possible that this individual is a private individual or doesn't have a significant public presence. Without more specific details or additional context, it's difficult to provide a detailed profile of this individual.

Oh well my career is safe because I'm a nobody:

I'm sorry, but I couldn't find any specific information about a person named XXXXXXXXXXXXXX born on January 21, 1966, in XXXXXXXXXX. It's possible that this individual is a private individual or doesn't have a significant public presence. Without more specific details or additional context, it's difficult to provide a detailed profile of this individual.
I have something specific that you share, and that is a birth date with my little sister, separated by exactly one year. I don't want to know what the bot thinks about that... :X3:

Personally I like ChatGPT not for trawling the internet but for making my job easier ie: feed it reams of data and ask it to summarise or write a business case. The facts are correct because I have fed it the data. It does have its limitations but is also a product in development. Definitely has a bright future. Working in Health IT it is only a matter of time before your hospital discharge summary is written by an AI engine and verified by the Doctor for accuracy.

Personally I like ChatGPT not for trawling the internet but for making my job easier ie: feed it reams of data and ask it to summarise or write a business case. The facts are correct because I have fed it the data. It does have its limitations but is also a product in development. Definitely has a bright future. Working in Health IT it is only a matter of time before your hospital discharge summary is written by an AI engine and verified by the Doctor for accuracy.
Do you have any concerns that ChatGPT might keep the data you've fed it and regurgitate it to someone else?