Crowns off to you fellas,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kalgoorlie, I think a call to power from the Members of Menth is in order.
I've a feeling you're one occa fella that would appreciate it :)
I understood absolutely none of that.
I run a shop, small business. pretty good, I get to handle everything and learn the rest, doesn't pay too much but eh.
Your name is borked, your avatar is the swedish chef also known often as Børk, :confused: or I am wrong?

Indeed you are right regarding the user image.
It was bequeathed by the grand overlord :)
The more you know... :)

Members of Menth is a loosely gathered group of menthol (menth) appreciators, in particular f or it's cooling properties, which considering your location, I'd suspect would come to be appreciated.

Members of Menth is a loosely gathered group of menthol (menth) appreciators, in particular f or it's cooling properties, which considering your location, I'd suspect would come to be appreciated.
Well there you go, I probably would. Not sure about face products containing it as I have big problems with aftershave as is. Cold water and a microfibre cloth is as far as I can get haha, <No actually yves st laurent used to do an aftershave/perfume called M7, only one I've found, too bad I lost half a bottle to travel and it's discontinued.

YMMV? You might mean vegemite? < oh wouldn't that be the nuts, vegimite after shave? (I'm dribbling)
Also yes every day of my life is like ol' montys!

YMMV stands for your mileage may vary. Which, to be honest, I've never really understood, is an acronym coined and used on the US based forum Badger & Blade (enough said) and is just ugly. Using the word gentleman is also banned. I might ask Monsta to instal software to scan the site for illegal use of certain words. A moderator would be automatically notified and the poster issued a warning. That's basically what they did over at Badger & Blade to pick up on the illegal use of banned vendors names. Just think, we could call ourselves Australian Badger & Blade Affiliate (ABBA). I like it already.

Welcome @TheKing I hope you enjoy your time here, if you looking to buy more product you have come to the right place :)

Hey mate, good on you for stopping and buying that DE huh! Keep going with those angles and a light touch and you'll master it ok. Wait until the new year and then try out a sturdier razor- it'll be like moving to a Beamer from a Suzuki... [emoji38]

Merkur and Muhle are both quality German razors that have long been in the game. Their razors are modern and good quality (even if they are made from Zamak metal and Chrome plated).

Parker is an Indian brand that has been in the game for a shorter time. They made reliable razors of average quality. Their price reflect this.

Vintage Gillette razors (their heyday was the 50's to 60's but made it until the mid-80's) are usually brass with a choice of (usually nickel, but also Silver, Rhodium or gold) plating. They are reliable, sturdy and look great.

The step up from the modern Merkur and Muhle is the stainless steel razor. Usually made by smaller companies and in smaller batches, these razors (around $100-150) are high quality and very durable.

That's just DE's... then you have Single Edge razors and straight razors. Plenty to explore and check out in time. Just focus on a single razor, stick with a brand of blade and work on your technique for a few weeks. Soaps and brushes and aftershaves can all be interchanged in good time.

Many happy shaves ahead!

Edit: Added modern stainless razors.

What @filobiblic meant to state, was it would be akin to stepping up from a scooter to a car!
Safer too ;)

YMMV stands for your mileage may vary. Which, to be honest, I've never really understood.

Comes from the motor industry: drive your car like a hoon you get 5 miles to the gallon, drive the same car along the same road like my dad and get 70 miles to the gallon.... Thus your miles-per-gallonage varies (but because they can't cope with more than 2 syllables without resorting to neologisms, they misappropriated the wrong word - a malapropism)

Welcome mate. Hope you enjoy it here :)

I have been looking around at merkurs and parkers and trying to pick and choose, but the ball and chain thinks it would have been cheaper to buy 20 cartridges :p too bad I'm not into it for the savings.

Ha. We've all been there.

I think I'll stick to the current set until january, I don't want to buy a full set then realise this is another fad like e-cigs.

Only been here a few days and already on sabbatical!

Status
Not open for further replies.