CUT-THROAT RAZORS GOING CHEAP?

Havachat45

Hi all,
Now that I have your attention, I can relate my sad tale of woe.
My wife and I got back yesterday from a wonderful cruise of the South Pacific only to find that someone had a need for items that belonged to us - this included my display case, 30+ restored razors and all my brushes and strops.
Luckily I had my silvertip travel brush with me and they ignored my DE's and shavette.
I am soooooooo angry that, if I find them, I could quite easily carve 'I AM A THIEF' in their forehead with my spike point.
The reason for this post is to alert anyone in the Brisbane/Ipswich/Gold Coast area to, if you would be so kind, be on the look out for restored, vintage cut-throats and let me know if you are suspicious of the seller or just pass the details on to me and I'll take it from there.
Thanks in advance for your help and, I hope I never have to return the favour.

Hi all,
Now that I have your attention, I can relate my sad tale of woe.
My wife and I got back yesterday from a wonderful cruise of the South Pacific only to find that someone had a need for items that belonged to us - this included my display case, 30+ restored razors and all my brushes and strops.
Luckily I had my silvertip travel brush with me and they ignored my DE's and shavette.
I am soooooooo angry that, if I find them, I could quite easily carve 'I AM A THIEF' in their forehead with my spike point.
The reason for this post is to alert anyone in the Brisbane/Ipswich/Gold Coast area to, if you would be so kind, be on the look out for restored, vintage cut-throats and let me know if you are suspicious of the seller or just pass the details on to me and I'll take it from there.
Thanks in advance for your help and, I hope I never have to return the favour.
Sorry to hear @Havachat45 - such scumbags :mad:- hope you can retrieve them - they'll probably try flogging them on gumtree or fleabay and don't realise what a small community this is - Ill keep my eye out online over Christmas.

That sucks big time!!! Hopefully they are stupid and you'll find them together on eBay or something daft like that. I might drop mine into the safe whilst I am away I think. Never thought they'd be a choice for a thief.

Will you be claiming on insurance? I wonder how they'd take it... Guess you'd need proof of what you had but I'll bet you have photos.

Sorry to hear that mate. You must feel sick. If they try to offload them i'm sure somebody here will notice. Do you have any photos so we know what to keep an eye out for?

Very crap mate :(

Let's hope we stumble across the thief trying to sell them ...

Very sorry to hear that - hopefully you will find them again...

Put some pics up of your stuff I'm always cruising eBay and I'm sure some of these other lads do the same we can keep an eye out for them. Or some descriptions to keep an eye for as well

That sucks a bunch. If you catch them, I'll hold them down for you while you carve.

In the meantime, if you need a fix, I have a shave-ready Wester Brothers that is currently out of rotation, that you are welcome to use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hate to say it, yet look at any family/friends upon hard times or battling an addiction, as they're more likely to know what you have, what it's value is and why they're valuable from talking to you.
I would also report it to the Police and the hock shops in the area.

I hope you are reunited with at least some of them and the scumbag is utilised as a test subject for Col Conk prototype soaps with a Pakistani straight stropped on gravel!

Put some pics up of your stuff I'm always cruising eBay and I'm sure some of these other lads do the same we can keep an eye out for them. Or some descriptions to keep an eye for as well
ill be happy to keep an eye out too... i hope they show up for you

@Havachat45 what you really need is hire you know WHO? man I feel you're anger and pain, and I hope you get all back soon.
hqdefault.jpg

Many thanks to all for your condolences and suggestions - the usual stuff has been done (Police reports etc.)
The worst thing is that they took all my brushes and strops as well - left the shavette, soaps and DE's.
I had my travel brush and Gillette adjustable with me so that's under control, however I get this almost uncontrollable urge to show them what a shave ready razor will achieve when in the right hands - something like carving 'I AM A THIEF' in their forehead.
As most of you know, I have a Sheffield fetish, so there are about three or four Bengall's, a 1880's Frederick Reynolds wedge, a French wedge from around the same time, a Wade & Butcher full hollow, a Waterville with a long tang..... the list goes on...I'll get a more comprehensive list up soon.
Once again, guys, thank you so much.

Many thanks to all for your condolences and suggestions - the usual stuff has been done (Police reports etc.)
The worst thing is that they took all my brushes and strops as well - left the shavette, soaps and DE's.
I had my travel brush and Gillette adjustable with me so that's under control, however I get this almost uncontrollable urge to show them what a shave ready razor will achieve when in the right hands - something like carving 'I AM A THIEF' in their forehead.
As most of you know, I have a Sheffield fetish, so there are about three or four Bengall's, a 1880's Frederick Reynolds wedge, a French wedge from around the same time, a Wade & Butcher full hollow, a Waterville with a long tang..... the list goes on...I'll get a more comprehensive list up soon.
Once again, guys, thank you so much.
Will also keep my eyes and ears open ;)
Cheers
Tony