December 2017 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After my unfortunate experience with confiscation of my Pitralon Swiss A/S at Frankfurt airport Security last month, it was terrific to receive the following today, as sent from a German Mate.
I am really looking forward to trying Knize Forest, as I love Knize Ten, and I'm thinking that a fresh green fougere of this style will be great for Summer.

Great minds think a like, well one of them does (as smart to use a german mate).
Have been trying to locate a reasonable priced Knize Forest for the last few weeks and a couple of Pitralons, still no luck.
Have had to deal with Pino only and a bit over it lately. :penguin:

Mail Call:- Very disappointing today because I only received one bottle of Tabex aftershave instead of two bottles, I ordered via eBay online from Portugal so I'm going to try and see if I can get my second bottle because I paid for two instead of one bottle.

Anyway the Tabex aftershave smells very much like a Clubman style and the scent smells to me a soft floral of Tobacco when comparing to a bottle of Tabac aftershave, I can smell there Tobacco is stronger than Tabex so I'll have to wait until Autumn and Winter season to used this aftershave.

IMG_0025.jpg

Last edited:
After my unfortunate experience with confiscation of my Pitralon Swiss A/S at Frankfurt airport Security last month, it was terrific to receive the following today, as sent from a German Mate.
I am really looking forward to trying Knize Forest, as I love Knize Ten, and I'm thinking that a fresh green fougere of this style will be great for Summer.

@TomG Is it just me or is the "Toilet Water" on the label slightly off putting? :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO: - Nice one, Sleepy! An unfortunate translation by our Austrian friends. I can, however, assure you that my first sniff test has been very positive. It is a really interesting take on Fougère - Classic, but with a bit of a twist.

38817209912_2b0cc6a70c_c.jpg

Barrister's Reserve Spice
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Sangre de Drago
The Stray Whisker Alum Block
The soap and aftershave smell awesome. Should be seeing these on SOTD tomorrow.
I ordered these from The Stray Whisker on the W/E and they turned up today. Thanks to @shavetheman

You could have probably just driven to Con’s, but I’m sure that you would have ended up with more than that :)
Probably right on both accounts. I'm working the opposite side of the state to normal so within striking distance but probably not a good idea to visit, especially after the example you've been providing. :) Anyway, with the excellent service provided by The Stray Whisker, I don't need to visit.

20171206_182456.jpg

It took AusPost a week and a half but my APR has arrived. Had a quick sniff and am very excited about the Lightning Ridge and SAS sample. Beautiful scents.

The Coolabah from the soap and the aftershave has an overripe fruit note (to my nose) that I wasn't expecting so this will be very interesting!

Oh, and I now have 12 APR aftershaves!
20171206_183749.jpg

I'm sure that's not the most but it is pretty dedicated.

Last edited:
20171206_182456.jpg

It took AusPost a week and a half but my APR has arrived. Had a quick sniff and am very excited about the Lightning Ridge and SAS sample. Beautiful scents.

The Coolabah from the soap and the aftershave has an overripe fruit note (to my nose) that I wasn't expecting so this will be very interesting!

Oh, and I now have 12 APR aftershaves!
20171206_183749.jpg

I'm sure that's not the most but it is pretty dedicated.

@Greenpike 12 aftershaves of Christmas (as in 12 days of Christmas)
Qi4Fwi7.gif

When you have a friend send you messages and pics while you are in a meeting about some razors and brushes they have seen and asking whether you want them you really cannot say no -

Another box came too - but that is a secret at this stage ...

11etCno.jpg

Colonia Intensa gift set arrived, an early Birthday present from the wife :)

Edit: the postman calls....a couple of pucks for winter 2018

WL6E5pm.jpg

Last edited:
When you have a friend send you messages and pics while you are in a meeting about some razors and brushes they have seen and asking whether you want them you really cannot say no -

Bore that old thing right out and drop a 30 to 32mm right into the bastard!

Omg... I used to have an original one of those (as an upgrade from my 5110).

Why would you do that to yourself!?
(You're not on drugs are you? You can tell me. No one will know)

Omg... I used to have an original one of those (as an upgrade from my 5110).

Why would you do that to yourself!?
(You're not on drugs are you? You can tell me. No one will know)

What are you talking about mate! These sort of phones should be compulsory for all under 18 year olds....

Status
Not open for further replies.