December 2017 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mail Call:- Today I received two brushes from classicshop2012 via eBay online click here, on the left is the Maseto Extra Density 2 Band Finest Badger 24/54mm knot and on the right is the Maseto 2 Band Finest Badger Horn 30/54mm knot see 2 image below. I give these brushes below a real good clean before I used the brush.

For some reason the 24/54mm bloom of the Extra Density 2 Band Finest Badger looks better than the 30mm on the right, I can see the 2 Band Finest Badger Horn 30/54mm knot doesn't have enough bloom and splay to allow enough flow through when face lathering. @alfredus do you bowl or face lather with you're Maseto 2 Band Finest Badger 30mm knot and is there enough flow through for face lathering, I'm interested in you're feedback...... Cheers (y)

tcScuQH.jpg

On the left is the Maseto Extra Density 2 Band Finest Badger 24/54mm knot vs on the right is the Maseto 2 Band Finest Badger 30/54mm knot blooming side by side.
DSUY8lJ.jpg
The bloom on the 30mm looks right to me - the knot will loosen up a bit and it works great for face lathering...

The bloom on the 30mm looks right to me - the knot will loosen up a bit and it works great for face lathering...
Thanks @alfredus I was getting very worried :oops: thought the loft was a bit too deep for a 30mm knot ;)

Edit:- @alfredus could you please take a photo of your 30mm Maseto bloom, ta (y)

Last edited:
Went to Dan's today (no, not that Dan, the other Dan).
Went to exchange a couple of bottles of Belvedere.
Sure it is a good commercial product, particularly compared to Grey Goose, yet I've other Vodkas I'll enjoy more so.
So what does this have to do with acquisitions you ask?
I'm glad you did as I picked up this in lieu :)

What's so special about that you ask?
Well Jim Murray describes the age group below this one, with a 96.5% rating, as follows.
you would be forgiven for thinking this was a 30 or even 35-year-old Speysider: almost a grassy maltiness melding into the light, exotic fruit and freshly chopped celery. Clean, delicate and elegant beyond words Jim Murray
if someone asked me how I would like my 21-year-old non-peated malt to come to me, it would probably be something like this: a top of the range 40-year-old!! Proof that the country in which a whisky is made is totally irrelevant… Great whisky is great whisky Jim Murray
High praise indeed.
As for a review of the actual product.

Status
Not open for further replies.