December 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Comoy's of London SR turned up yesterday only to discover it has a snapped scale at the pin. It looks like it was fitted too tightly and when it was opened it snapped. What annoys the hell out of me was that it came in a tin container so there is no way it broke in transit. Whomever packed the razor couldn't have helped but notice it.

I was contemplating sending it back for a replacement or refund but to be honest, for the price I paid, I couldn't be bothered. For now, I've glued it (whether it holds or not is a different story) and I've ordered a set of Ram's Horn scales (at 3x the cost of the razor itself) to replace the original. I've never changed the scales before so it will be a good practice piece.
Hopefully it is still able to be used for shaving. Once properly honed up to shave-ready, the Comoy for me gives an exceptional shave, particularly for the price.

I think I was more disappointed because I couldn't use it last night than the fact it was broken.

Anyway, a new set of scales are on their way from the US so that will give me something to do as I've been wanting to try my hand at restoring one for a while now.

Charcoal Goods Level 2 Brass Anchor Handle

EYRh6eT.jpg

@TroyTools you are going to have to stop sending me these random brushes ;) SWMBO is going to get suspicious and accuse me of buying MOARR shaving gear

#HoldMyBeerMate! by Troy Craft

RegZ4qr.jpg

Although I think she is going to like this one. The air bubbles that I cannot see and only feel give it a bit more textured grip :giggle:(y)

Last edited:
Received my Simpsons Trafalgar T3 and Arko stick from Men's Biz this afternoon. I was disappointed with the QC of the T3 as I had a long bristle, about 15 cm, in the knot. Not a problem as it was easy to pull out but should not have been there in the first place. The brush has super soft tips and I am eager to see how it feels on the face.
I am relieved that scent of Arko does not resemble that of a urinal puck, but a clean synthetic smell.
I will use both products for tomorrows shave and report back then.

Received my Simpsons Trafalgar T3 and Arko stick from Men's Biz this afternoon. I was disappointed with the QC of the T3 as I had a long bristle, about 15 cm, in the knot. Not a problem as it was easy to pull out but should not have been there in the first place. The brush has super soft tips and I am eager to see how it feels on the face.
I am relieved that scent of Arko does not resemble that of a urinal puck, but a clean synthetic smell.
Arko is one of the most underrated soaps on the market.

Arko works really well, I do enjoy it but for me it smells like a piss puck, doesn’t mean it’s unusable, many a BBS with the stuff

u might need to revisit these mate. for me, I would say they are possibly my favourite blade because they have so far been great in every razor i have tried, have the best balance between sharp and smooth and last the longest (y)
Now that you got me thinking again, I'll try again just not sure which razor. I really hate the German Wilky and strongly prefer the vintage English Wilky

Status
Not open for further replies.