December 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that you got me thinking again, I'll try again just not sure which razor. I really hate the German Wilky and strongly prefer the vintage English Wilky

never tried the english Wilky but you got to try the German ones again.... other favourites of mine include Minora, Polsilver, Gillette 7'oclock, feather and nacet and BIC (in rocca) so if your taste is anything along these lines you def need to revisit.

never tried the english Wilky but you got to try the German ones again.... other favourites of mine include Minora, Polsilver, Gillette 7'oclock, feather and nacet and BIC (in rocca) so if your taste is anything along these lines you def need to revisit.
The only blade I will never revisit again is the bloody skin scrapper BIC

PM me you're address and I'll send you some English Wilky (y)

The only blade I will never revisit again is the bloody skin scrapper BIC

PM me you're address and I'll send you some English Wilky (y)

Mate that is one blade I swore I would never revisit either but @nav1 comments on this combo made me think I gotta try, if I never had any left I wouldn't of bought any to try

So give me your address and ill send u some to try, only cos u got a rocca.. there killa.. have tried the Bic again in other razors since and just like the first time there rubbish. Some German Wilkie's also?

Now that you got me thinking again, I'll try again just not sure which razor. I really hate the German Wilky and strongly prefer the vintage English Wilky

These are very good razor as a comparison razor blade as they are mid level smooth mid level sharp. P YMMV

Ethos Grooming Essentials Rendezvous F Base Premium Shave Soap and Epsilon Scottish Spirit Aftershave Splash
KJ2mlo9.jpg
kyPxOmU.jpg

Mate that is one blade I swore I would never revisit either but @nav1 comments on this combo made me think I gotta try, if I never had any left I wouldn't of bought any to try

So give me your address and ill send u some to try, only cos u got a rocca.. there killa.. have tried the Bic again in other razors since and just like the first time there rubbish. Some German Wilkie's also?

I'm still waiting for my Rocca and Blackbird.

I did try the BIC in a Henson medium (0.85mm).

It was smooth as butter but, the razor itself was very inefficient for me. Left so much stubble behind after 3 passes so I had to clean up with the Progress/BIC, which is a heavenly combo!

(I also tested the Henson with a polsilver and it was equally inefficient. I sold the razor the very next day!)

What a Schick start to the week

41jN7Ybl.jpg

I wondered where that disappeared to! :ROFLMAO:

Yep, there was plenty of chances before I grabbed them though!

Great buy, particularly picking up both versions. The Krona's are terrific razors, on the mild side but I thoroughly enjoy the shave when using one of these.

Not sure it was a great buy, I was going to wait for the price to come down but ended up just grabbing them.

Interesting too the weight difference, 57g and 38g. Very noticeable in hand.

I've got one in collectible condition, but wanted one (or two) to use :)

I hope this doesn't put me on the naughty list
I sold the Vespa and the Paypal credit ate a hole in my wallet and resistance to buy MOARRR
Also wanted some soothing witch hazel and menthol options for the build up
Maggards black friday 10% off and Murphy & McNeil enabled
XwqfE4z.jpg

I dont think Electric Sheep is one for the build up it's stronger than MITA

I hope this doesn't put me on the naughty list
I sold the Vespa and the Paypal credit ate a hole in my wallet and resistance to buy MOARRR
Also wanted some soothing witch hazel and menthol options for the build up
Maggards black friday 10% off and Murphy & McNeil enabled
XwqfE4z.jpg

I dont think Electric Sheep is one for the build up it's stronger than MITA

Very nice. You have amassed quite a collection. There can be no such thing too much MOAR! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.