December 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
H4PPI6X.jpg

Acquired this Billy Goat Brushworks beauty (swapped for some synthetics) from a guy on TAWSE. Not sure what the knot is, perhaps Silvertip?
The bloke was advertising it as a 2 band, I did mention in the post that it did not appear to be a 2 band and looked like a 3 band. Probably a very cheap knot.

Lupo 72 arrived this morning. I keep thinking I should have ordered the 95 too. We’ll see.

The Razorock team added a nice hand-written note in Tagalog. :)

Oh boy, this is an outstanding razor at any price!!!

It kind of looks a bit ‘cheap’ compared to any other razor I’ve had but the shave is very, very impressive. The appearance reminds me of the cheap Gillette Techs I used to use in the 60s and 70s.

The angle is very easy to find, and i was able to shave quickly with it as we were going out. What surprised me was the shave quality. So very smooth and efficient. I used a fresh Nacet blade.

I’ve got Irish/Dutch DNA, a reddish curly beard, and whiskers that lie very flat. I’ve never been able to shave ATG under the nose or the usual trouble spots , but was able to easily do so with the Lupo 72. No need for the 95 as the shave was easily BBS.

Very happy.

Last edited:
A few goodies that just arrived - Xmas presents for my 3 sons ages 18, 20, 22. They’ve been wetshaving since they started shaving and are lucky to have several of my brushes and razors gifted to them.
Lucky for them Dad knows the difference between ColesWorth wet shaving products and quality.

Timmermann Classic 1869 Limited Edition collaboration between Pasteur's Pharmacy and Wholly Kaw

Eau De Toilette 2.0 fl Oz
After Shave Balm 1.7 fl Oz
After Shave Toner 4 Fl Oz
After Shave Splash Feromone Formulation 4 Fl Oz
Shaving Soap 4 Oz

CPAQ3w5.jpg

Arrived today - in a box I'd previously sent to @Holiday (this is getting weird)

A post Christmas shave coming ...

They get endless shaves out of a blade somehow. I’m lucky to get 3-4 before I have to change it out. They seem happy with one soap a year too.
When I was 18 or 20, I used to get a lot of shaves out of the Wilkie or Gillette-whatever blades I got from the chemist's too. What a difference 40 years makes... :unsure: I'm pretty sure I don't remember getting as much as a year out of my Yardley soap though.

Not at a delivered price of less than A$5 at the time he was giving it away not sure how he was doing it for that price me & Lifesapeach bought same except he grabbed the Sandlewood in a sample and Tabac / Bowl

This is actually a reacquisition. I mistakenly left this SR in Cebu when I left. A good Filipino friend posted it to me. Arrived today, a Gold Dollar W59.

full

Although only a cheap (under $20) Chinese SR, it takes the best edge that I can produce - sharper than a Feather DE blade but still smooth and comfortable to shave with.

I love shaving with this razor. Tomorrow will be my first shave with it in 8 months.

Last edited:
This is actually a reacquisition. I mistakenly left this SR in Cebu when I left. A good Filipino friend posted it to me. Arrived today, a Gold Dollar W59.

That edge glistens with a mirror reflection (y)

Drum roll please. I saw this strop in 2018 when the previous owner was fortunate enough to acquire it. The maker Neil Miller had passed in 2015 so it was special even then. Talk about a unicorn, Neil apparently onIy made a few. I saw it come up on facebook grabbed it without even thinking of the price and it arrived yesterday so a great Christmas gift. Thanks Neil and thank-you Jamie for the well packed unused strop.

51774273135_6365624f4c_b.jpg

51774033464_4a04a7848e_b.jpg
51774273155_7aa55eabd0_b.jpg

Mrs Gargravarr is a wise and considerate woman, given that she qualifies me (with my comparatively restrained obsession) as a sad git. I already have an AP Shave Co G5A awaiting a proper handle. Now I also have a brand-new AP G5C...
g5c-28_1024x1024.jpg
...which I believe might be the only such knot available as a fan. (?) I'm pretty sure I know exactly who I'm going to call on for that handle...

Status
Not open for further replies.