DOTD! What are y'all drinking on today.

... and while I'm at it - can somebody else please post here!

As I scroll back over previous posts I'm feeling like I might have a problem ...

Continuing with these little 250ml cans ...

kvUkBCJl.jpg
Sorry @Mark1966 these 250ml beer cans isn’t enough pissed, you need extra more piss.

Continuing with these little 250ml cans ...

kvUkBCJl.jpg

https://kaiserdom.de/helles1

https://kaiserdom.de/dark-lagerbier1

I can see that my son and I are going to HAVE to take a trip to Europe and taste all the beers we have tried at the respective brewery while they are fresh - only way to REALLY judge them ...
You'll need a holiday in Bamberg alone...highest density brewery per capita in the world and I have yet to try a bad beer from there. My brother used to live there and I remember you just went over to the brewery and they would refill your jug 😊

Hobart would have to be getting close to that claim, there at least one per 20k people.
...and at least one distillery for every 20 people :p

Let's not forget South Australia. I found many great beers (and made some good friends) during my year's sojourn in the Adelaide Hills before I moved here.

... and while I'm at it - can somebody else please post here!

Your wish is my command:
Willie-Warmer-750ml-e1627201409424.jpg

Followed by a plurality of glasses of this:

caol-ila-18-year-old-whisky.jpg

Though to be honest, I think I really prefer the 12YO. :unsure:

...and at least one distillery for every 20 people :p

Let's not forget South Australia. I found many great beers (and made some good friends) during my year's sojourn in the Adelaide Hills before I moved here.

Your wish is my command:
Willie-Warmer-750ml-e1627201409424.jpg

Followed by a plurality of glasses of this:

caol-ila-18-year-old-whisky.jpg

Though to be honest, I think I really prefer the 12YO. :unsure:

Legend

I've taken to brewing my own beer. It's not as complex as fine UK real ale and will never trouble the Weinstapheners for class, but it's solid flavoursome stuff, and at about $40 for 23 litres it leaves me too much money for Whiskey.

Speaking of which I'm currently on Teeling single batch, which is ok, but Irish is a bit light and mellow for me. Go-to is bourbon - Bulleit or Wild turkey 101. Have a bottle of Glenallachie 12 stashed away from a recent whisky tasting. Bombay Sapphire GTs when I'm cooking sunday dinner.

I drink too often. The alternative is not drinking often enough. Life's the conundrum.

i think that like the cheque (remember those) they are in the mail.
There was a time when you could write a cheque on anything. I remember sending one to the British tax office written on loo paper. (I was tempted to use it for its original purpose first, but I figured the symbolic gesture might be lost on the hapless minion who got to open the envelope.)

There was a time when you could write a cheque on anything. I remember sending one to the British tax office written on loo paper. (I was tempted to use it for its original purpose first, but I figured the symbolic gesture might be lost on the hapless minion who got to open the envelope.)

When I used to work as a Chartered Accountant on of the owners of a large business we supported received a personal tax REFUND cheque for $0.01 (yes, 1 cent) which he promptly had framed and never cashed. It was on a significant salary he received that year and he too great delight in showing it to people in his office.