February 2017 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny story there being I have used it once or twice a long time ago and since then thumbed my nose at it, I thought I would give it a run this winter as it is a Sandalwood mainstay really.
I really like the Proraso Red scent - someone told me they use good quality Sandalwood essential oil because Proraso is big enough to buy in bulk. I await your opinion on the splash with interest @todras (y)

A few old strops in from Japan. One of the Pelican is unused, the others just need a minor clean up. All are made by Kanayama.

c8a44d8a7a2317f7e760a2c997b0e60b_zpsz5oxvudi.jpg

Simply wow!

Composition: Ambergris,Myrrh, Patchouli, Rosewood, Ginger, Black Pepper, Hinoki, Ylang Ylang.

It must be said your discovery of the hinoki oil was paramount in the design of this Fragrance :)

Last edited:
New supplies, including Cheshire finally! It's a tough decision, but I may have to give the L&L Fougère a crack first.

I think you have made a wise choice, the lather is exceptional from L&L and its a very pleasant green Fougère.

Two amazing packages were sitting on my desk when I arrived at the office this afternoon.

Firstly an amazing PIF from @Cris. Mate you are a bloody legend! @Cris sent me an R41, Wickham 1912 Russian Leather which smells amazing and also the Stache Soap Works Kevy Shaves Scottish Glen Combo which has an amazing scent. The Wickhams is a soap I have heard a lot of good things about and I enjoyed their previous formula. Stache Soap Works is a company I know nothing about so very intrigued to say the least. The R41 looks like an absolute monster in the flesh. I will be very interested to see how it shaves. After that it may be a great candidate to go in to the P&C Travelling Box if there is still time @Mark1966.

yeRzSit.jpg

Second up a much smaller parcel from a "'Lee S' - who conducts business in a certain way" (I have not used his full name here due to privacy).

I ordered the brush back in November and did my best to forget that it was even coming. At one stage I did worry that the 1XL would be tiny but now that I have it I am quite pleasantly surprised. Great size for face lathering and the knot has bloomed beautifully (as seen in the latter pictures). @todras I am relieved that I did not order a 26mm or larger as it may have been impossible to use due to the size :ROFLMAO:. In all seriousness the brush is amazing and I am very happy with it.

iSNLkll.jpg

bgojaRz.jpg

McDlQ8P.jpg

XZJib8U.jpg

zcP3DZY.jpg

Two amazing packages were sitting on my desk when I arrived at the office this afternoon.

Firstly an amazing PIF from @Cris. Mate you are a bloody legend! @Cris sent me an R41, Wickham 1912 Russian Leather which smells amazing and also the Stache Soap Works Kevy Shaves Scottish Glen Combo which has an amazing scent.

Watch out for the balm ;)

Something happened in the snow...

Firstly an amazing PIF from @Cris. Mate you are a bloody legend! @Cris sent me an R41, Wickham 1912 Russian Leather which smells amazing and also the Stache Soap Works Kevy Shaves Scottish Glen Combo which has an amazing scent. The Wickhams is a soap I have heard a lot of good things about and I enjoyed their previous formula. Stache Soap Works is a company I know nothing about so very intrigued to say the least. The R41 looks like an absolute monster in the flesh. I will be very interested to see how it shaves. After that it may be a great candidate to go in to the P&C Travelling Box if there is still time @Mark1966.

yeRzSit.jpg

Second up a much smaller parcel from a "'Lee S' - who conducts business in a certain way" (I have not used his full name here due to privacy).

I ordered the brush back in November and did my best to forget that it was even coming. At one stage I did worry that the 1XL would be tiny but now that I have it I am quite pleasantly surprised. Great size for face lathering and the knot has bloomed beautifully (as seen in the latter pictures). @todras I am relieved that I did not order a 26mm or larger as it may have been impossible to use due to the size [emoji23]. In all seriousness the brush is amazing and I am very happy with it.

iSNLkll.jpg

bgojaRz.jpg

McDlQ8P.jpg

XZJib8U.jpg

zcP3DZY.jpg
Hmm, maybe I should reconsider the 26mm I have on order.

yeRzSit.jpg

I ordered the brush back in November and did my best to forget that it was even coming. At one stage I did worry that the 1XL would be tiny but now that I have it I am quite pleasantly surprised. Great size for face lathering and the knot has bloomed beautifully (as seen in the latter pictures). @todras I am relieved that I did not order a 26mm or larger as it may have been impossible to use due to the size :ROFLMAO:. In all seriousness the brush is amazing and I am very happy with it.

iSNLkll.jpg

bgojaRz.jpg

McDlQ8P.jpg

XZJib8U.jpg

zcP3DZY.jpg

Beautiful - congratulations (y)

But a 28mm would have been even better :D

Status
Not open for further replies.