February 2018 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Lol. I actually caught my breath when I saw it.Very pretty razor.

If anyone wants one, I have a spare I could be persuaded to sell ;)

First shave acquisition of the year and for 5.25AU$ delivered I can't complain...what a shame the razors were not included :D :D :D

NL9vwAA.jpg

First shave acquisition of the year and for 5.25AU$ delivered I can't complain...what a shame the razors were not included :D :D :D

NL9vwAA.jpg
Nice rack, looks schmick :cool:
C'mon you need to name those razors so all the noobs know what they are looking at.
So where does the Rocca sit in the above line up please?

From L to R: RazoRock MJ-90, Wolfman Guerrilla, RazoRock Mamba, BBS-1, Weber PH on a UFO Ti XL handle, RazoRock Baby Smooth Ti

The Rocca is for more more aggressive than the Weber (which again for me is the most aggressive in this picture)

I'd say it us a mid-aggressive razor, while I like mild-mid razors.

BTW: my Rocca is a perfect V1 without issues...try finding one of those ;)

From L to R: RazoRock MJ-90, Wolfman Guerrilla, RazoRock Mamba, BBS-1, Weber PH on a UFO Ti XL handle, RazoRock Baby Smooth Ti

The Rocca is for more more aggressive than the Weber (which again for me is the most aggressive in this picture)

I'd say it us a mid-aggressive razor, while I like mild-mid razors.

BTW: my Rocca is a perfect V1 without issues...try finding one of those ;)
I want ur brass wolfman :) ohh yes I remember

rJm3rNT.jpg

Talk about a good day, I have wanted this for so long and finally got my hands on it for under $200.00

New York by Nicolaï (1989) & a 15ml travel spray of Patchouli intense.

1. Top Notes
  2. Heart Notes
  3. Base notes

To top it all off, my insurer paid out 28K for my car, so Im picking up a 2017 Mazda SP25 in Silver this weekend too :)

My new "beginners" strop arrived today.Not bad but glad it was under thirty bucks.
Practising stropping with a sharp/not shave ready blade and got a,few,small cuts in it.
Not even five minutes old. :unsure:

rJm3rNT.jpg

Talk about a good day, I have wanted this for so long and finally got my hands on it for under $200.00

New York by Nicolaï (1989) & a 15ml travel spray of Patchouli intense.

1. Top Notes
  2. Heart Notes
  3. Base notes

To top it all off, my insurer paid out 28K for my car, so Im picking up a 2017 Mazda SP25 in Silver this weekend too :)
Good to hear, Mate. Zoom zoom!
BTW - the scent profile on 'New York' sounds amazing - look forward to your thoughts.

@alfredus Did some research, are the V1 posts glued as well?
Sounds fairly aggressive and doable for me.

No idea, but I also read somewhere they were not really glued in, but I really can't remember...

In any case, they haven't come off yet :D :D :D

I want ur brass wolfman :) ohh yes I remember

Sure, and I want a Ti BBS-1, but I would settle for a Tradere SB ;)

BTW: the Brass Wolfman (as well as the SS Wolfman, the Stealth Sland and the ATT S1) all have their own stands and are therefore not in this picture...

So don't tease us you have a price in mind and would a trade be considered ;)

See above, else I think I paid 80 EUR for it, so that's what I'd want

I'll swap you the razor third from the right for a couple of tubs of really rare soap from B&M :D

Maybe not :D :D :D

72DCC6CA-1F91-4E68-BBB5-C3F1A1CF8F86_zpsiiqigsuh.jpg

93AF0B88-A297-4138-ABC6-07983FB70135_zpswcdqtgbi.jpg

One cased British Aristocrat. I wasn't shopping for one of these but I haven't seen too many come up in Australia in this condition so didn't want to miss an opportunity. This is the same pattern number as the Gillette Rocket I recently acquired so does that mean I can expect the shave experience to be identical? @Mark1966 .

My new "beginners" strop arrived today.Not bad but glad it was under thirty bucks.
Practising stropping with a sharp/not shave ready blade and got a,few,small cuts in it.
Not even five minutes old. :unsure:
That will happen @pvsampson - thats why its a beginners strop! Don't stress - can always buy a wider and better one when your stropping improves(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.