G'day from littleaussiebleeder!

Good evening to everyone who enjoys a close shave! I have very recently binned my Remington triple head rechargeable and disposable face burners because of continuing facial rashes and burning. Wet shaving is an art I have not employed since my Army days (1962-1973) and one that I find my skills in that area have gone... in company with several other things I have forgotten how to do... like stay alive without daily buckets of heart medication and other nasties. Luckily, I somehow had not lost my Army-issue Gillette DE so I started with that and some Dorco blades. Reasonable, but not all that exciting! I also bought a similar 1940's vintage Gillette tech in great condition at an antique shop for twenty bucks. I have ordered some Astra blades which I've heard are okay. We'll see. I've also ordered online (from you know who) an all-stainless steel (we'll see about that too) tech razor with 20 more bloody Dorcos! Supposedly arriving tomorrow or Friday. $12.50 sounds awfully cheap for all that! Anyway, if I can manage to shave a few times without carving up my face (I'm on huge doses of Pradaxa blood thinner capsules) then I'll buy myself one of those Merkur 42C Classic Closed Comb Safety Razors made in Solingen Germany and keep wet shaving! So what do you blokes think of them? I believe they are a 1904 clone. Anyway, good to be here with you fellas! Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Richard

Welcome Little Aussie Bleeder are you sure you're not cutting yourself into a blood shave you know who?

4583082274_2e426bde3f.jpg

Welcome @littleaussiebleeder - I'm sure you will have a great time here and during your wet shaving journey?

What brushes and soaps/creams do you use? Don't forget that great lather is essential for that great shave ;)

Good evening to everyone who enjoys a close shave! I have very recently binned my Remington triple head rechargeable and disposable face burners because of continuing facial rashes and burning. Wet shaving is an art I have not employed since my Army days (1962-1973) and one that I find my skills in that area have gone... in company with several other things I have forgotten how to do... like stay alive without daily buckets of heart medication and other nasties. Luckily, I somehow had not lost my Army-issue Gillette DE so I started with that and some Dorco blades. Reasonable, but not all that exciting! I also bought a similar 1940's vintage Gillette tech in great condition at an antique shop for twenty bucks. I have ordered some Astra blades which I've heard are okay. We'll see. I've also ordered online (from you know who) an all-stainless steel (we'll see about that too) tech razor with 20 more bloody Dorcos! Supposedly arriving tomorrow or Friday. $12.50 sounds awfully cheap for all that! Anyway, if I can manage to shave a few times without carving up my face (I'm on huge doses of Pradaxa blood thinner capsules) then I'll buy myself one of those Merkur 42C Classic Closed Comb Safety Razors made in Solingen Germany and keep wet shaving! So what do you blokes think of them? I believe they are a 1904 clone. Anyway, good to be here with you fellas! Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Richard
Your showing your age if you have an army issue DE. I had one as well.

Welcome mate!

Another new DE user :)

Welcome @littleaussiebleeder - I'm sure you will have a great time here and during your wet shaving journey?

What brushes and soaps/creams do you use? Don't forget that great lather is essential for that great shave ;)
Thanks. Using shaving soap (a Newcastle-made one but I no longer have the wrapper. Brush is an old pure badger (about 10 years old.)

Welcome @littleaussiebleeder. Enjoy your time here, it really is wonderful.
Thanks mate!

Welcome mate!

Another new DE user :)

Thanks Mark!

Welcome mate Psmith is selling a great razor just now too in the BST thread

Thanks mate!

Your showing your age if you have an army issue DE. I had one as well.
Ah yes, an olive drab plastic coffee mug with milk-less lukewarm ratpack "coffee" flavoured with hexamine tablets made a pretty ordinary shaving cream!

Welcome!!! "No half measures......"

Thanks mate!

Thanks mate!

Welcome back into the fold of wet shaving with brush, soap and blade. [emoji106]

Do you have a favourite aftershave? Plenty of options to splash or soak your face with post-shave these days.

Welcome @littleaussiebleeder, hope your stay here is friendly, pleasant, educational and long :) As for @Lifes a Peach's comment about "noble clan" I reckon he must have been fantasizing while looking in the mirror :p

And hi @Anthony Hunter - Yes, I know the blood thinner story too. I love shaving with straights and Kamisoris, and I think that indirectly the blood thinners forced me into developing really good technique much quicker than I may otherwise have done :)