G'day from littleaussiebleeder!

Welcome @littleaussiebleeder, hope your stay here is friendly, pleasant, educational and long :) As for @Lifes a Peach's comment about "noble clan" I reckon he must have been fantasizing while looking in the mirror :p

And hi @Anthony Hunter - Yes, I know the blood thinner story too. I love shaving with straights and Kamisoris, and I think that indirectly the blood thinners forced me into developing really good technique much quicker than I may otherwise have done :)
Dead right Draco, i cut myself a little the other day, took a while to clot, been going real careful now. Reaping the benefits

A
Welcome back into the fold of wet shaving with brush, soap and blade. [emoji106]

Do you have a favourite aftershave? Plenty of options to splash or soak your face with post-shave these days.
Alpha Keri Moisturising Lotion... I've used it for years. Cheap as chips by the litre. True, it doesn't have a poncy smell but it sure works for me!

@littleaussiebleeder welcome to a great place. I'm on major blood thinners for heart and shave with a straight razor. I would prefer a straight for safety over a DE any day. A DE is like the little dog that never bites other people until I walk into the room.

Not for this little black duck! I had a topless Chinese girl barber in Singapore many years ago give me a shave with a straight... since then I have always considered cut-throats to be the shaving equivalent of Russian Roulette!

That is all very familiar stuff to me! I took up knife making and had to stop because the inevitable cuts were getting harder and harder to stop the bleeding! Still... better bled than dead!

@littleaussiebleeder, I assume you have good styptic products? One in particular was worth its weight in gold to me while taking the medication : it's called "My Nik is Sealed". It dealt with absolutely anything for me. It's a little roll-on container, so it's clean and non messy to use. You can order cheaply online from the States - I got a 3-pack which will last me a loooong time :)

@littleaussiebleeder, I assume you have good styptic products? One in particular was worth its weight in gold to me while taking the medication : it's called "My Nik is Sealed". It dealt with absolutely anything for me. It's a little roll-on container, so it's clean and non messy to use. You can order cheaply online from the States - I got a 3-pack which will last me a loooong time :)

Thanks mate... ordered from Amazon! Hope I last for a loooong time!

I shave with Russian straights as well but thankfully no topless ladies.

Don't knock 'em 'til you've tried 'em! Topless ladies, that is! As I said, that was MANY years ago! As erotic as my post may have sounded, my lust for that young lady was quickly overpowered by my fear of that straight razor at my throat! And, thinking back, I remember that she was not only topless, she was wearing only a pair of black lace panties! Slightly more desirable than Fat Col, my local barber!