Gents whats your go to!

the_shaving_sailor

2018 Sabbatical
gentlemen I want to see what your go to soap. the one you know will always perform perform, always leave you smelling and feeling great. mines PAA Bay Rum I got it threw a trade and now I have 2 extra tubs coming to get stashed and I'm squeezing one into a travel stick for when I get deployed and I can't find good soaps in the countries we go to
20170205_191036.jpg

If only one, then Eufros Gea. If a couple more, B&M Lavanille, Blackship Grooming Davy Jones, Lebelle Tobac Vanille.

B&M Seville have never let me down. I am also very partial to the Ferox (tea tree).

Caties Bubbles and Henri Et Victoria would be the remaining two in my top 3. Both just work and have excellent performance.

I also highly recommend TOBS Jermyn St cream.

Arko shaving soap
Haslinger Schafmilch Sheep Milk & Lanolin (very similar to MWF)
La Toja shaving stick
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Pre De Provence No. 63
Stirling shaving soaps without menthol
Tabac
The Body Shop Maca Root shaving cream ( I only used this when I'm in a hurry for shaving )

My top two so far, that I have a lot of trouble deciding between:
- Mitchell's Wool Fat
- Lea stick

Need to try Stirling and Mike's... one day when I've made a bit more of a dent in the massive collection of soaps I have acquired in the last few months. Need to buy a bigger brush!

Czech & Speake

Followed very closely by Haslinger and DRH

not everybody would've tried all the soaps/creams - this should be factored in to get a clear picture. by that token the ones I have tried are Williams, Tabac, CRSW, CB, Stirling, RR xxx, SV, TOBS, Castle Forbes, Musgo Real, Dr Jons, Speick

Cheers

Last edited:
@Anthony made soaps that just worked time and time again for me.
I'm unable to recall ever having an issue with any of them, in particular the tallow range.

My top two so far, that I have a lot of trouble deciding between:
- Mitchell's Wool Fat
- Lea stick

Need to try Stirling and Mike's... one day when I've made a bit more of a dent in the massive collection of soaps I have acquired in the last few months. Need to buy a bigger brush!

how does the wool fat go? I've herd good and bad. is it worth investing in?

I own too many top tier soaps to narrow it down to one, off the cuff it would currently be a coin toss between Eufros Tallow Fougère, L&L Chatillon Lux TSM Fougère, and just recently Valobra Fougère for me based on them being EO fragrance compositions for a start, and their superb performance as soaps.

Tough call, that.
Neck and neck amongst Haslinger Schafmilch, Stirling, Mikes, B&M, Valobra........
If you held me to one, I'd opt for Haslinger Schafmilch, as it is so reliable, I really like the subtle scent, and it is super-friendly to my mug.

you held me to one, I'd opt for Haslinger Schafmilch, as it is so reliable

After holding out for months, I ended up caving late last week and ordering a couple of pucks of the Schafmilch, a couple pucks of the SPA Sandelholz and the SPA Sandelholz aftershave balm from maggards so I am reassured by your recommendation Tom

Last edited: