Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum

JugV2

Simply boring.
I haven't shaved since Friday morning and I am a guy that needs to shave daily.

So I had over two days of stubble to get rid of.

I popped in a new Gillette 7 O'Clock SP, and loaded up the trusty 830 with TOBS Jermyn goodness.

Fifteen minutes later WOW!!111

BBS!

I did three passes, then washed off and inspected my work.

I am amazed at how gentle this blade is on the skin, and how smooth my skin feels after.

The next few days will show the legs on it, for all I know it might be a one hit wonder. Very, very impressed with the first shave with this blade.

For those of you playing at home, this is a 7 O'Clock Black. Indian made, platinum & PFTE coated.

I took delivery of 280 of these last week.

No, you can't have any.

Do you mind if I ask where/how much?

PM me if you prefer..

<<<<<woot I'm a Senior Member..is that because of 100 posts?

ebay - search "gillette o'clock"

Indian seller, they are expensive buggers but $22 per 70 blades delivered is as cheap as I have found.

Vendors usually are $34/100 or more, then add postage.

Cheers. Shall search for some. Love this blade.

Last edited by a moderator:
West Coast = 50c/blade before postage
RazorBlades & more = 42.8c/blade before postage
Connaught is OOS
Bullgoose DNS
shaving.ie DNS

That ebay seller is 31.5c/blade delivered, but you can't order large amounts from them as they only have 2 or 3 70-blade tucks listed at a time.

I have found another place that I can get them for 25.7c/blade delivered, need to buy 420 of them ($108 worth). Any more than 6x 70blade packs and it triggers the higher postage rate. They only have 5x70 tucks which is 26.7c/blade delivered. Keeping that one for myself :)

Might go for the 70 blade lot if I can find it on eBay. That means getting my arse off the couch and onto my pc.

Last edited by a moderator:
The official eBay app for Android was released last June.....

ha point taken.

I have two pc's, work lappie with wireless broadband, a Blackberry Torch, iPhone 3G and Desire.

I just prefer to do ebaying on my PC.

Found the indian dealer, bought a 70 pack.

For those of you playing at home, this is a 7 O'Clock Black. Indian made, platinum & PFTE coated.

I got some of these in my initial kit, but the fine print,and it is very fine has them made under licence in St Petersburg Russia. Please don't tell me that fine blades like fine wine depend on the terrior :)

You have a 7 O'Clock Blue. Basically the same spec blade, but manufactured at Petersburg Products International (aka PPI), which is the Gillette factory in Russia. The Blacks are manufactured at the Gillette Indian plant.

Some like the Blues, Some like the Blacks. Terroir indeed.

And just a footnote, PPI is not wholly owned by Gillette/Proctor&Gamble. They do have a large part-ownership in PPI though. That's why it says 'Manufactured under licence' - it has to be as it is made by a non-100%-subsidiary company of Gillette.

Glen, I chucked a pack of the black plats in a sampler for you, which you should have tomorrow.

Glen, I chucked a pack of the black plats in a sampler for you, which you should have tomorrow.

Thanks very much - I do feel that this is a voyage of discovery that as I take my last breath I wil still be worried about what I might have missed out on. (May have to get a job (I wish) to be able to take part).

You have a 7 O'Clock Blue. Basically the same spec blade, but manufactured at Petersburg Products International (aka PPI), which is the Gillette factory in Russia. The Blacks are manufactured at the Gillette Indian plant.

Some like the Blues, Some like the Blacks. Terroir indeed.

Absolutely not in any way the same spec. blade.

One shave with a Dark Blue will convince you of that.

The D.B.'s are possibly the smoothest blade ever manufactured.

Although not much sharper than a Astra Platinum the D.B.'s IMO have no equal in
smoothness even when compared to NOS English Wilkinson Swords and Gillette Swedes.

Make no mistake ! - Do not confuse these extraodinary Russian blades with the Indian ones.

You don't like them I'm thinking?
Because if you did like them, you wouldn't tell RM, because he'll just buy them all you realize?

Absolutely not in any way the same spec. blade.

One shave with a Dark Blue will convince you of that.

The D.B.'s are possibly the smoothest blade ever manufactured.

Although not much sharper than a Astra Platinum the D.B.'s IMO have no equal in
smoothness even when compared to NOS English Wilkinson Swords and Gillette Swedes.

Make no mistake ! - Do not confuse these extraodinary Russian blades with the Indian ones.

Sorry, but in my opinion I find them virtually the same blade in initial performance - Sharpness and smoothness all on par. The 7OC Blues are as smooth as a 7OC Black when first put into the razor.

I did find better longevity in a Blue though with 4-5 shaves instead of 3-4 in the Blacks. I merely put that down to a better application of Platinum and PTFE coatings. I find the Blacks lose the PFTE too quickly.

Sorry, but in my opinion I find them virtually the same blade in initial performance - Sharpness and smoothness all on par. The 7OC Blues are as smooth as a 7OC Black when first put into the razor.

I did find better longevity in a Blue though with 4-5 shaves instead of 3-4 in the Blacks. I merely put that down to a better application of Platinum and PTFE coatings. I find the Blacks lose the PFTE too quickly.

Time to test myself. My Derby bit me this morning so I take that as a sign it is time to give it a rest. Will try a Blue then a Black and see how I go.
Cheers gentlemen

How did the Blue go? I might have to drop you over a dispenser of Bleues next time I am over your direction.

How did the Blue go? I might have to drop you over a dispenser of Bleues next time I am over your direction.

Forgot to take them to the showerwith me! Since my Daughter in law and 2 young grand daughters were lurking in the house I decided a frantic naked dash to my stash was out of order. So Derby it was but I did use the Rose sample that Drubbing sent me - very nice it is too - about a third of a sample pot - nice lather smooth shave - I am having fun.

If you do ever come to the deep west by all means drop in for a coffee, or if the sun is over the yardarm, and my finances are in the black something a little stronger.

Cheers

Glen, when you have to do the naked dash to your stash whilst the water is running, do it with pride!

OFFICIAL DE SHAVING BUSINESS NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!!