Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum

Glen, when you have to do the naked dash to your stash whilst the water is running, do it with pride!

OFFICIAL DE SHAVING BUSINESS NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!!

Sadly being slightly passed 21and with a replaced hip still settling down the phrase dash was not a particularly literal description of my speed of movement - it would be more like a staggering limp with all the bits that are left flopping about the place. Even I wouldn't want to see me much less scarring my grand daughters for life. :D

I think Nathan over at Menzbiz has 100 for $29.95. You may also want to check out ntguy on the'bay as he has them for reasonable prices as well.

Yep, I picked up some from Nathan as part of my order - good service and he throws in samples also.

Took two days to get my order delivered.

30 cents a blade isn't too much of a premium really.

The blades are good though.

I'm not as familiar with the blacks/blues as I am with the yellows and greens, but isn't there a Green (India) and a Green (Russia), and a Yellow (India) and a Yellow (Russia)? Is it different with blues and blacks?

There's Green (India) and a Green (Russia).

There is no Yellow (India), just Yellow (Russia).

India had the blacks only (maybe instead of the yellow?)

Last edited:
I'm not as familiar with the blacks/blues as I am with the yellows and greens, but isn't there a Green (India) and a Green (Russia), and a Yellow (India) and a Yellow (Russia)? Is it different with blues and blacks?

I don't think it makes any difference to quality. The Greens are Russian too and I found them the worse blade I've ever used. That's why I was so surprised with the yellows, I was half expecting more of the same.

I like the Russian Yellows (quite a lot) and don't mind the Russian Greens, but have only used them a couple of times, so it's not a well-formed opinion. The Indian Greens... best forgotten. I've used a 7OC black of some description and thought it was pretty good. Not sure of its pedigree. I'll check my odds and ends jar and try it again if I have more.

I used a Black Plat today - third out of the pack I have on the go, and I had a terrible shave with it.

I gave up after one pass.

I've used two other blades from the pack and they were brilliant but this one was rough as guts. Might try a new blade tomorrow.

This is the first time in ages I have gone to work with just a single pass shave. It feels odd lol.

I used a Black Plat today - third out of the pack I have on the go, and I had a terrible shave with it.

I gave up after one pass.

I've used two other blades from the pack and they were brilliant but this one was rough as guts. Might try a new blade tomorrow.

This is the first time in ages I have gone to work with just a single pass shave. It feels odd lol.

Hmm, might have just found a dud? Let us know how the next one goes.

These are the blades we are talking about yes?

Gillette 7'O Clock Super Platinum DE Safety Razor Double Edge Blades Blade 35ct | eBay

If so, they are $13.80 for 70 at present

These are what I have shaved with for my last two shaves, I'm not overly impressed, they are OK, but I seem to get some irritation the next day. I only shave about twice a week.

I suspect that a couple of months using vintage gillette and schicks has ruined me, and all modern blades are now MuM.

Hmm, might have just found a dud? Let us know how the next one goes.

Gillette 7'O Clock Super Platinum DE Safety Razor Double Edge Blades Blade 35ct | eBay

Yep those are the very ones.

These are what I have shaved with for my last two shaves, I'm not overly impressed, they are OK, but I seem to get some irritation the next day. I only shave about twice a week.

I suspect that a couple of months using vintage gillette and schicks has ruined me, and all modern blades are now MuM.

lol stop listening to PJ...MuM indeed.

As I only had a one pass shave today, and as I normally need a two passer to be presentable, when i got home from work just now I took a nice hot shower and had another shave afterwards, with a fresh blade.

mr626 you were right, it was just a dud blade. The new blade was back on par with what I expect from these.

Anyone after a lifetime supply of these, you can get 3,840 blades for the bargain basement price of $936 including free postage!

You still won't beat my biggest stash of any one blade either.

If they had stopped making them then maybe it would be worth it. Our American cousins would go nuts over those.

You aren't wrong. They are a good blade but I don't think they deserve the cult-like status some give them. If we are talking about the Czech-produced 70C Blues on the other hand......

Seems like a reasonable deal at 24.4 cents per blade delivered - I think I was paying upwards of 36c/blade in smaller quantities about 3-4 years ago. That said, if I buy 2x 1000 blade buys of Silver Blues then I can get them for about 20.75 cents per blade delivered, and 4000 blades would be 19.86 cents per blade delivered. I think I would prefer the Silver Blues!

Just to compare, 4000 NOS GBE's cost me 15.5c/blade delivered, and the 2000 Dark Platinums cost me something like 10.5-11c/blade to my door.

It seems like supply has picked up again, it seems to ebb and flow quite a bit on most Indian & PPI Gillette blades. I know that most of the US based shops have restocked the Blacks recently, I think I know where they source them from now ;)

The Indian 7 O'Clock Permasharp ( green packaging) are a sharp smooth blade.