Got some great news :)

Are we there yet?

Only like 6 months to go.then the fun begins

I was talking to my brother and the idea of a musical of my life came up, but as things have been dramatic lately clearly it would have to be all Blues. A Blusical.
But no one would pay for that... just more ammunition for my story

Congratulations Mr & Mrs David. Our girls are now 43 (twins) and the youngest 35, we lost our son hence the gap. The best tonic for morning sickness is a daily glass of Guinness. It was prescribed for my wife by my uncle who was a G.P.

You both have a lifetime of love, joy and worry ahead!

Congratulations mate. It's a very special time you have ahead of you. If you remember the movie The Matrix there's a scene where the protagonist asks what is The Matrix?

The reply is that no one can be told what it is, you need to see it for yourself. Parenthood is a bit like that. You can't fully understand the experiences. Good but hard work. Exhausting and stressful at times if I'm honest.

But a whole different world opens up as well that you have barely paid attention to up to now. Parks and play groups and nappy changeing facilities in shops. Like any rewarding experience it is hard at times. Sooner or later it will turn your world upside down. Try to go easy on yourself, we all make mistakes, I know I still do. Parenthood will eventually become second nature.

Sorry for the rambling reply. Takes me back to a similar time. Don't get me started on what it's like when the next one is born! Best luck, you will be fine. :)

Congratulations mate. It's a very special time you have ahead of you. If you remember the movie The Matrix there's a scene where the protagonist asks what is The Matrix?

The reply is that no one can be told what it is, you need to see it for yourself. Parenthood is a bit like that. You can't fully understand the experiences. Good but hard work. Exhausting and stressful at times if I'm honest.

But a whole different world opens up as well that you have barely paid attention to up to now. Parks and play groups and nappy changeing facilities in shops. Like any rewarding experience it is hard at times. Sooner or later it will turn your world upside down. Try to go easy on yourself, we all make mistakes, I know I still do. Parenthood will eventually become second nature.

Sorry for the rambling reply. Takes me back to a similar time. Don't get me started on what it's like when the next one is born! Best luck, you will be fine. :)
Yeah. What @dangerman said pretty much sums it up.

Also, just know that you aren't alone. There will be times where you will think that you can't cope. They will pass.
I don't know if you have close friends/family nearby. But, just know that there are a few of us razor-gang weirdos just a phone call away. Most of us have been there and understand what it's like.
So many bub-related issues can be resolved with just a cup of coffee and talking to a fellow adult - that phrase will make far more sense in time.

Enjoy the ride. :)

Oh, I'm sorry ;) we had 4 under 5 at one stage, that was full on. Now it's 4 teenagers:banghead:

I'm at the other end my eldest (nearly 19, just finished yr 12) announced she is moving out. It needed to happen she has been driving us nuts for months.

As above I promise you will stressed and stretched to breaking a lot of times over the next 20 years. Probably the best advice I can offer is work together with you wife, present a united front. Even when you don't agree find a compromise. Spend the precious little time you get together well and look after each other first and then the kids.

Some good advice above. Certainly don't forget to keep working on your relationship with your wife. The best gift for you kids is a solid relationship - even when you disagree and the kids try and wedge you :) Support your wife and work it out between yourselves later.

Always up for a coffee or something stronger too as @lerenau indicated!