Got something cool? Non-shaving Acquisitions Thread

Two of these bad boys were installed last week.
light.jpg

I got the tits...
My best mate Giulia just arrived from her italian home and drop me at my desk something like these...

sWxIEsR.jpg

I could marry her anyday, but now I am completely sold!!!!!

this cannot be payed with money. But because tomorrow I'll vbecame legally and officially on the payroll, including past paydays.... so I will take her for a proper lunch!!! Afterwards I am ordering some bulk of stuff from APR plus some more stuff of so many Ozzy stores.... 4 fucking months without any regular income and only problems for fixing it!!! great is so close to be over!

I got the tits...
My best mate Giulia just arrived from her italian home and drop me at my desk something like these...

sWxIEsR.jpg

this cannot be payed with money. But because tomorrow I'll vbecame legally and officially on the payroll, including past paydays.... so I will take her for a proper lunch!!! Afterwards I am ordering some bulk of stuff from APR plus some more stuff of so many Ozzy stores.... 4 fucking months without any regular income and only problems for fixing it!!! great is so close to be over!

Does Australia Customs and Border Protection know about these ;)

Just picked up a surface pro 3 which I need to swap the screen over on for a grand total of $250 including a new screen. @Mark1966 pitty should grab your old one and swap the battery over, looks like it's bubbled.
I have swapped over my share of those batteries, must have a had a bad batch

Last edited:
Does Australia Customs and Border Protection know about these ;)
Yes they know, and they did their best,.....

You know that I love australia, but alos, I hate Australia to the end because here your retailers place the anchovies in the area of sardines etc while it has to be refrigerated? I cannot stand and watch seeing these anchovies being brutalized through time..... at any store, even the most expensive's ones....
I have discuss it in a couple of high end stores and they just deal with me as if I were crazy. I can tell you that keeping anchovies at room temp is as crazy as using frenchurch for frying some cheep fish......
Anchovies, foie grass, baby eels, lixiviant.... please dont push me because of my tastes, because they are 'king amazing!!!!!
My granny for the part of my father made her life (and the life of her kids) cleaning by hand these anchovies for almost 6 decades. I can stand if being told that I don't know the true scent of the good ones, or that I have not experience, because I dont give a rat ass, and are a lot much better on the market, but I cannot stand when people say that it is ok to have them at room temperature

Well, finally extracted the digit and got myself a home brew kit.... I was going to get the $50 smaller version from Aldi but apparently the advice is to get the full size kit as you'd end up splitting up and fluffing around with ingredients on the next brew.... No idea what I'm doing when it comes to making beer so a massive learning curve ahead, always wanted to have a go though so looking forward to it :)

gtoT2Mcl.jpg

Well, finally extracted the digit and got myself a home brew kit.... I was going to get the $50 smaller version from Aldi but apparently the advice is to get the full size kit as you'd end up splitting up and fluffing around with ingredients on the next brew.... No idea what I'm doing when it comes to making beer so a massive learning curve ahead, always wanted to have a go though so looking forward to it :)

gtoT2Mcl.jpg
Follow the instructions implicitly for the first few times.Later,try some different flavours and even the Woolies Draught can turn out a good drop.Do not scrub the tub with anything other than a soft dishcloth,or you will end up with micro abrasions in the plastic that harbour bacteria and will destroy your brew.Vinegar is an excellent sterilizer and easy to rinse,especially in your bottles.
I found the little lollie like sugar drops to be the easiest to use in the bottles,and do not put any extra in as they are just for carbonation-not to add alcohol content.Test the brew before you bottle,it will just be flat and you will taste if it has gone off,and make sure you let it brew full cycle.Label your bottles either individually or as a lot with the bottling date and type of brew (Lager,Pilsener etc.).
It really isn't difficult,just keep everything clean and follow instructions and you will be right.

Oh Dear @Scotty Now you have another hobby, and it is another rabbit hole!
I started with beer (and stout) brewing, then on to wine, thennnnnn...the fun began as I really, really needed a still.
So I made a nice stainless hybrid still (well it started as a pot still, but then I added a water jacket to it).
Wow, it makes some serious hooch.
Just did another run today and have another 4.5 litres of finely crafted molasses Rum sitting quietly out in the garage.
Go on, you know you want one.
I'll send you a plan if needed? (hmmm, am I becoming an enabler?).
Edit: Hey, make a stout and when you bottle it bung in a nice liquorice jelly-bean before bunging on the cap. Or...some shavings of chocolate (your choice but plain old Dairy Milk is fine). Stout to die for.

I got the tits...

sWxIEsR.jpg

Fantastic work, @sealer. Maybe now a ciabatta loaf, some good extra virgin olive oil, a squeeze of lemon, and washed down with a cold Quilmes or a glass of Mendoza malbec?

It really isn't difficult,just keep everything clean and follow instructions and you will be right.

Thanks for the tips @pvsampson , I'm not expecting much on the first few practice runs but hoping they at least are drinkable.... Will post here with the initial results :)

Go on, you know you want one.
I'll send you a plan if needed? (hmmm, am I becoming an enabler?).
Edit: Hey, make a stout and when you bottle it bung in a nice liquorice jelly-bean before bunging on the cap. Or...some shavings of chocolate (your choice but plain old Dairy Milk is fine). Stout to die for.

Hahaha @Blackie , i'm not a big spirit drinker and would probably blow the house up making moonshine :)
Stout sounds like a good plan though.... I really want a nice Scottish Ale, 80 or 90 shilling would be ideal, then stouts are next in the list.

I'm not sure how things will go with the warmer temps up here in QLD, it might limit my options depending on the time of year....

Well, finally extracted the digit and got myself a home brew kit....
Welcome to the brotherhood.

My top tips are:
- Use decent yeast, the packets that come with cans of goo are of dubious origin, dried yeasts are fine if making ales US05 (pink packet), for lagers there are two and I cannot remember the code WL 34 maybe (yellow packet).
- Control ferment temperature as best as you can, if you have a room around 18°C use that for ales, lagers want even12°C so much harder to do. Sit the fermenter in a tub of water to give it more thermal mass, milk bottle of ice will drop in the 1°.
- Don't use cane sugar with your kit, use the Cooper brew enhancer or dried malt extract and dextrose.
- Find a good local home brew store. A good one will be an avid brewer and will help you learn.
- More hops helps, start with a lightly hopped ale and add hops via dry hopping late in the ferment.

Keep good records, what you did whether it worked or not.

Extract (can of goo) can make good beers, especially if using unhopped malt and adding hops. An extract beer won the Tas state comp 2 years ago, out 100+ beers.

I brewed kits for a while, then went to brew in a bag. On hiatus again now, thinking about starting again soon.