Got something cool? Non-shaving Acquisitions Thread

Ferret619

Foolish Possums are not Grand Poobahs
2018 Sabbatical

Actually I did get something-
Spyderco Para 3 in M4 steel.
This steel is my personal favourite and I love the para 3 pattern.
I’m in the process of selling my other knives and this guy will be it :)

Will probably keep the chaparral too

eggbert

is full of Vision Collision
2018 Sabbatical
2017 Sabbatical
Da Menth Heads
I have both of those SMW's in my whisky cupboard as well. Whilst on the topic of whisky this came in the mail. I was lucky enough to sample some straight from the cask in June, delicious!

How is it KC?
I can't justify buying locally produced whisky at the moment as they are typically over $250 for 500ml of young spirit. However, I have heard that some distilleries are making some nice drops. Is this one?

Mark1966

...when the General talks
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
Somebody here posted a while back about a shaving bowl from Avalon Pottery. My wife likes pottery so I have purchased a mug for her, personalised with name and date, as part of her Christmas present.

Nicely presented, great work and Alison is wonderful to work with. Highly recommended!

BTW, you can see her shaving bowl here but that would be customisable too.

tim33z

King of 'Spoilers' 2019!
2018 Sabbatical Fail
Somebody here posted a while back about a shaving bowl from Avalon Pottery. My wife likes pottery so I have purchased a mug for her, personalised with name and date, as part of her Christmas present.

Nicely presented, great work and Alison is wonderful to work with. Highly recommended!

Yep that was me!

I quite like the bowl i bought off Alison. The size is perfect for me. Packaging is also supremely well done.

fruityasu

smashes all the likes

Very nice @Mark1966....

Mark1966

...when the General talks
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
Yep that was me!

I quite like the bowl i bought off Alison. The size is perfect for me. Packaging is also supremely well done.
Ahhhh, well done you - and thanks for the heads up. I created a reminder at the time to follow up and order something like this in time for Christmas. Might even be my go to present for my Mum, sister in law etc etc ...