Got something cool? Non-shaving Acquisitions Thread

I lova a challenge, especially when it does not involve me
The wet shaving deepest and darkest rabbit hole will always involve you and your soul, until you, Rest In Peace.

giphy.gif

Not sure how I feel about this. I had a Leatherman juice KF4 which I was more than happy with, and it's a model that is starting to get rare now as it was discontinued 13 years ago.
Recently part of what I am calling the spine of the Leatherman (the bit the pliers head sits inside) broke. I was about to throw it away when I remembered something about LM having a good warranty, so I checked online and they offer a 25 year warranty!
Sent my KF4 into them hoping for a warranty repair, but instead got this back.
It's nice but not the same.

Last edited:
Not sure how I feel about this. I had a Leatherman juice KF4 which I was more than happy with, and it's a model that is starting to get rare now as it was discontinued 13 years ago.
Recently part of what I am calling the spine of the Leatherman (the bit the pliers head sits inside) broke. I was about to throw it away when I remembered something about LM having a good warranty, so I checked online and they offer a 25 year warranty!
Sent my KF4 into them hoping for a warranty repair, but instead got this back.
It's nice but not the same.
Had the same issue with my wave

YgAqIgm.jpg

Fun little 15 year old Vespa GTS 250
I only live 6 city kilometers from work so the 1600 was overkill and not seeing enough highway miles.
I am sure the neighbors are happier although there is a lot to be said for "Loud Motorcycles are Safer"

I have the almost the same Ubiquiti setup @Korbz, it's rock solid. With some of the tech I'm playing with i'm itching to get my hands on the just announced Gen 2 unifi switches because the will be layer 3. only difference I can see is that I only have the Nano HD and a 24 port switch.

New house means new toys :) setting up is so much fun

J96qkPE_d.jpg
I have the almost the same Ubiquiti setup @Korbz, it's rock solid. With some of the tech I'm playing with i'm itching to get my hands on the just announced Gen 2 unifi switches because the will be layer 3. only difference I can see is that I only have the Nano HD and a 24 port switch.

Ugh... This too is on my "short-term" purchase list.
In fact, I would have bought almost this exact setup by now had I not just had a baby. Very time/sleep-poor right now.
I am jealous, but also very excited for you. :)

New house means new toys :) setting up is so much fun

J96qkPE_d.jpg
In fact, I would have bought almost this exact setup by now had I not just had a baby. Very time/sleep-poor right now.

Why do I want this not too! (Despite having a solid cabled and Fritzbox! setup)

Maybe just because it looks so COOL ;)

Congrats on hew house as well

Thanks guys. The coverage of the nanoHD is really good, and I could have probably covered the house (timber frame) with a central placement and high signal strength. Some very cool features I haven't had before and have lots to learn!

Thanks guys. The coverage of the nanoHD is really good, and I could have probably covered the house (timber frame) with a central placement and high signal strength. Some very cool features I haven't had before and have lots to learn!

Worthy of a separate thread of geeky goodness?

Unboxing, installation, tips etc etc :)

Exchanged contracts on these views today -

EPP8PeJm.jpg
ft19pgym.jpg

r3dRcFFm.jpg
COiH1Q3m.jpg

Off the plan 3 bedroom apartment so it will be a while before it is finished. The plan is that we will downsize to here at some stage in the future. More details for those curious here - https://amicicbr.com.au/

Nice! Oh, so you're not moving when it's built? Is this a further down the track plan for retirement? So don't rush out there to visit just yet? I'm assuming you're keeping the current property as dedicated razor showroom/storage?:)

Nice! Oh, so you're not moving when it's built? Is this a further down the track plan for retirement? So don't rush out there to visit just yet? I'm assuming you're keeping the current property as dedicated razor showroom/storage?:)

Thanks.

We still have my son who is just finishing year 12 this year (and his dog) and my daughter at home. When they go we go!

The razor collection sale will be part of the downsizing :)

:eek: Isn't your collection the Reserve Bank of Australia equivalent of P&C?!! It can't just be sold off! It provides security just from the knowledge of a good representative aussie shaving collection being lovingly maintained in Australia. Like part of the corporate ID of P&C.

Thanks.

We still have my son who is just finishing year 12 this year (and his dog) and my daughter at home. When they go we go!

You need to prepare people before dropping bombs like that!

Congrats on the proposed new place, that’s certainly the way to do it.