Got something cool? Non-shaving Acquisitions Thread

That looks great. Have you given it a run?
We had friends over for dinner a couple of weeks ago and their children were asking what our bread knife was. I just assumed every family had one…………. just like every family used to have a record player? I guess not everyone makes sourdough these days. :)
Working well, this is the leathery sourdough I was referring to. The crumb is deliciously soft and wholesome but the crust can get a bit leathery. The proper knife has turned a highly risky task that involved rotating the loaf 5 times for each slice and half slicing through my thumb into a simple pleasure. Maybe the best thing before sliced bread was a good bread knife :)

zWKqSwA.jpg

Working well, this is the leathery sourdough I was referring to. The crumb is deliciously soft and wholesome but the crust can get a bit leathery. The proper knife has turned a highly risky task that involved rotating the loaf 5 times for each slice and half slicing through my thumb into a simple pleasure. Maybe the best thing before sliced bread was a good bread knife :)

zWKqSwA.jpg
Damn, don't know which looks better, the knife or the loaf. Slip us a loaf in the post........?

zWKqSwA.jpg
That's a very nicely risen sourdough, do you add any improvers to the dough?

You've only two foot or feet o_O aren't you getting a bit old to operate the third manual gear which can be a bit stressful as you get older?

Keeps me young ;)

You've only two foot or feet o_O aren't you getting a bit old to operate the third manual gear which can be a bit stressful as you get older?
Yeah, it's a bit hard with these 5-speed manuals where the convention is to use the clutch all the time when you don't need to (if you have a bit of coordination). Much easier with a Kenworth or Mack and an 18-speed crash gearbox. Nobody really expects you to use the clutch at all unless you're starting or reversing. But everyone will still laugh at you if you grind the gears. :p

Yeah, it's a bit hard with these 5-speed manuals where the convention is to use the clutch all the time when you don't need to (if you have a bit of coordination). Much easier with a Kenworth or Mack and an 18-speed crash gearbox. Nobody really expects you to use the clutch at all unless you're starting or reversing. But everyone will still laugh at you if you grind the gears. :p

6-speed if you don’t mind …

Best performance car for the money.

I’ve got the N-line and not the full N - didn’t think as a daily driver I could do it justice.

I did have second thoughts - only to discover that orders are paused!

Last edited:
Daisy chain a few together, she'll be right 😂
Ummm, my closest neighbour is 2.5km away, so I guess I'd need a few. :unsure:

I'm planning on putting in a decent-sized ground array of solar panels and expanding my household battery storage in any case, but I expect to be using public chargers for a while yet. The good news is I took it 20km away for a charge this afternoon, and brought the battery from 40% full to 86% for just $22, so I'm happy enough with that.