Haslinger's?

Aloe vera grows like a weed up here, and doesn't smell that pleasant to me. I don't think the smell would be what you would be buying it for though - surely that would be for the soothing factor?

Aloe is what I mainly get out of Speick and is one of the main ingredients. Not sure what the Speick plant scent is that folks go on about :s

It's a pretty rank smell really but the benefits are unquestionable!

I don't think the smell would be what you would be buying it for though - surely that would be for the soothing factor?

Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines as SYD. Probably quite medicinal and soothing for the skin, much like Speick.

Does seaweed have any medicinal qualities? Why would anyone make a shaving soap based on that?

Does seaweed have any medicinal qualities? Why would anyone make a shaving soap based on that?

Sushi flavoured soap?

Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines as SYD. Probably quite medicinal and soothing for the skin, much like Speick.

Basically its being high in B-group vitamins and iodine give seaweed anti-inflammatory as well as cleaning and exfoliating properties. I reckon this article sums it up best - as well as not claiming seaweed the new Goji berry or Quinoa….having said that some say seaweed can cure baldness….count me me! Dimoxinil!!!!!

I just love haslingers!
I picked up all but scafmilch from another member.

The scents are mild but sufficient to enjoy during the full shave.
I love calendula, sandalwood and coconut scents.
Aloe, honey,sage and seaweed are all fine, just not fantastic like the other three.

The most amazing thing is that I load a wet boar brush for 5-7 seconds and have enough lather for three passes...Yup, three passes!!
In comparison, I load mwf for three times longer!

The durability of lather & slickness are fantastic while the post shave is fairly good but nowhere near mwf (the soap I use 90% of the time!)

I just love haslingers!
I picked up all but scafmilch from another member.

The scents are mild but sufficient to enjoy during the full shave.
I love calendula, sandalwood and coconut scents.
Aloe, honey,sage and seaweed are all fine, just not fantastic like the other three.

The most amazing thing is that I load a wet boar brush for 5-7 seconds and have enough lather for three passes...Yup, three passes!!
In comparison, I load mwf for three times longer!

The durability of lather & slickness are fantastic while the post shave is fairly good but nowhere near mwf (the soap I use 90% of the time!)
Great to hear and wholeheartedly agree - though I need to try more of their range. You absolutely must try the Haslinger Schafmilch, it's top stuff that some say out fats MWF.

Last time I was in Vienna (I grew up there) I went to the Haslinger factory and picked up a puck of each of their soaps. The 2 sandalwoods are the same just with different branding. All are perfect performers, but for me the Schafmilch had the best scent and is a fantastic winter soap. I like the scent better than the Fat and the performance is for me indistinguishable.

I've got Honey and Calendula. I haven't used the Calendula yet but love the Honey. I'll get to using the Calendula tomorrow since @nav1 rates the scent! [emoji106]

I also agree that it's a great little soap. Amazing that the soap maker has been at it for so long.

I've got Honey and Calendula. I haven't used the Calendula yet but love the Honey. I'll get to using the Calendula tomorrow since @nav1 rates the scent! [emoji106]

I also agree that it's a great little soap. Amazing that the soap maker has been at it for so long.

The calendula is my favorite haslinger in every way...The scent, the performance and post shave.
I see shavemac has good prices on haslinger. Perhaps we could arrange a group buy? I'd be in for a couple each of ewe's milk and calendula!

I used coconut today as it was humid in my area and I thoroughly enjoyed the scent and performance was great!
Did I mention I got the full passes from ~7 seconds of very light (just the tips of the brush!) loading?!!

Ok. Done. I've booked tomorrow's shave with the Calendula Haslingers.

The size of the puck makes it a great little soap to travel with...