hello, land of green and gold

rajkalra

hi everybody, my name is raj k and I live in Bombay,
thank you all for having me here,

been a wet shaver (DE) for many many years,
am presently in Melbourne for a holiday,
would surely love some advice on Australian made stuff both shaving and non shaving related and if possible where to get them from
bought Aesop and am very impressed with the aftershave balm
the pin code where I am living now is 3335
thanks much
-raj k

Welcome @rajkalra hope you're enjoying your time in Australia.

If you're in the market for some Australian made soaps and aftershave balms your best bet is to speak to @Anthony from Shaver Heaven, his products are very highly rated around these parts and he is currently having a sale.
www.shaverheaven.com.au

As far as purchasing from Australia as opposed to necessarily Australian made Mensbiz have a lot to choose from and super fast shipping to boot if you can't make it into town to visit their store.
www.mensbiz.com.au

Also don't forget to keep your eye on the B/S/T section of this forum as it regularly has some killer deals on offer.

I'm sure other people will chime in with some other shaving shop options for you too but I've recommended ones that are local and I've bought from before.

As for non shaving related you probably need to narrow it down as to what you're after for anyone to be able to steer you in the right direction.

What current D/E razor and blade combo are you using and brush? What else if any have you tried in the past?

Last edited:
Welcome @rajkalra hope you're enjoying your time in Australia.

If you're in the market for some Australian made soaps and aftershave balms your best bet is to speak to @Anthony from Shaver Heaven, his products are very highly rated around these parts and he is currently having a sale.
www.shaverheaven.com.au

As far as purchasing from Australia as opposed to necessarily Australian made Mensbiz have a lot to choose from and super fast shipping to boot if you can't make it into town to visit their store.
www.mensbiz.com.au

Also don't forget to keep your eye on the B/S/T section of this forum as it regularly has some killer deals on offer.

I'm sure other people will chime in with some other shaving shop options for you too but I've recommended ones that are local and I've bought from before.

As for non shaving related you probably need to narrow it down as to what you're after for anyone to be able to steer you in the right direction.

What current D/E razor and blade combo are you using and brush? What else if any have you tried in the past?

Added the BST link

thank u @saku39
I have sent Anthony a message on Saturday, awaiting his reply yet,
currently the most used equipment by me is
razors: wolfman SB, OneBlade, BBS1.
soaps: ABC, AdP, XPEC, B&M, Strop Shoppe.
brushes: Shavemac ST 2b, Wiborg mountain badger, shavemac D01 and Paladin Falstaff.
as far as it comes to Australian made equipment, had a pair of RM williams in my flight school days need to get another pair, probably driving down to Melbourne downtown to get a pair tomorrow, also any leather products, bath soaps, local confectionery etc. is what I am looking for
thank you in advance all
-raj k

sorry missed the blades
feather,
7oclock green,
polsilver are some of my favorites, the russian made blades are very efficient in any razor I mght add
-raj k

Looks like you already have some nice gear however you're definitely in the right place to get suggestions at getting more. Not that we like spending other peoples money or anything like that but what's a RAD, BAD, SAD or MAD between friends! :D (Razor, Brush, Soap, Multi Acquisition Disorders)

I'm sure @Anthony will respond shortly alternatively you can always order direct off his website.

As for RMW shoes I don't know of anywhere personally however the below sites have been recommended on www.forums.whirlpool.net.au (basically the go to Aussie forum site for recommendations on everything Australian). It's also the site that ultimately led me to this place when I started getting interested in wet shaving so you know it must be good. :ROFLMAO:

http://www.nungar.com.au/catalog/index.php/cPath/48

http://www.thestabledoor.com.au/rm-williams/rm-williams-boots

As I said no idea how good the deals are but at least it might give you a bit of a starting point.

Last edited:
Welcome @rajkalra - great to have you here and you have some beautiful gear! Would love to see some pictures of your setup...

ae1015441faefc97eb465ebd536d6622.jpg
5925315563d3422a36e8b9980765a811.jpg
02f140f6627c4f9f8a1e75368afd5462.jpg

40d4c7fc13cc02dac3a7d99b4f54bd2d.jpg
e0feec5f8aa7ed71d66d73360b2ce3b1.jpg
aa1ea654e8ada1177177d056253f6e83.jpg
dace6bc8adecdaaa215df8217681841d.jpg
2ecc16ad2dd52dd0cbbc4805098d6a07.jpg

hope you enjoy theses pictures !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW - nice gear mate!!

DROOOOLLLL!!!! Fantastic gear @rajkalra - congratulations on such a great taste :D

Hi there @rajkalra -amazing hardware you have there!!! Thanks for the photos. Enjoy your holiday in Australia. You would enjoy the Aussie shaving cream Occams. As mentioned already there is the spectacularly performing Shaver Heaven soaps. We are lacking in unique Aussie-made DE hardware at the moment but I'm sure it will burst through. There are a few Aussie straight makers around.

Perhaps you can share with us your favourite Indian shaving products? The Sandalwood scent originates from there to begin with. [emoji4]

Trivia...From what I understand, Vetiver, Patchouli also originate from India(y)
What a combination!

I know there's plenty of shaving products from India including small batch artisan soaps. What's the best in your opinion?