Hi All from Brissy

Tony Forsyth

Man of the Lathe
P&C LE Supplier
Artisan Producer
Hi All,

I live on the southside of Brisbane and not really into shaving and as a result I have a big bushy beard and Mo ;-) On a serious note I am very interested in learning more about this shaving lark especially as I have an interest in custom making shaving brush handles and a big bushy beard lol. There appears to be a wealth of info on here and as a result I have been doing lots of reading over the last couple of days. If you have any info that would help me on my journey then I look forward to hearing from you and possibly sharing some of my work with you along the way.
Cheers for now !!
Thanks
Tony

Hey mate, welcome to P&C @Tony Forsyth. Great to see you here as a custom maker of brush handles, we love our brushes around here and you should fit in nicely (and do a roaring trade) to boot :)

G'Day and welcome to the insanity, Tony, glad to have you on board.
When you want to divest yourself of facial hair the correct way, let me know and we'll take it off in one pass ...... gotta love Sheffield wedges ....hahahahaha
Ouch !!!!! cheers Tony ;-)

Are these gaudy enough for you Snooze?
Cheers
Tony
_MG_3253_zps49klfbpj.jpg

_MG_3250_zpspdkf4yok.jpg

_MG_3234_zpsp60yh8zl.jpg

They look fantastic Tony!! Check out https://www.paladinshaving.com/collections/brushes if you haven't already seen it to get some ideas!!
Love the gold/brown and red resin - really classy!
How long does it take to turn each one?
Really depends on the shape. Handles with more beads and coves take longer as more delicate shaping, sanding and polishing is required. Handles with smooth flowing curves but less detail are much quicker :)
Cheers
Tony