Hi from Canberra

Arm85z

Hi guys and gal's!
Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Adam and have been lurking around the forum for a while now.
Thought I would post and get involved as there is lots I want to learn.
Currently using a merkur 34c and have a few DE's that I have restored in the rotation.

Also have a whipped dog sight unseen and stop but just bought some gold dollars and am researching what hones to buy now for when they turn up.

Can't wait to get into shaving with a straight that I have honed myself.

Hope to get to know everyone a bit better and hopefully can learn and get involved.

Adam

Yay another ACT shaver. Hey @Mark1966 we got another one....now we can have our own meet-ups.

Welcome aboard mate. Great place with knowledgable and generous folks...with just a couple of oddballs thrown into the mix but you'll get to know them pretty quick as they are usually the first to respond to any post. :oops:

Welcome, make sure you stop in at the National Gillette Museum soon.

Great to have you on board!
What soaps are currently your favourite? Any aftershaves that you can't live without?

Welcome Adam and hope you have lots of space left in the den, cause there are many enablers amongst us :D

W-E-L-C-O-M-E !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @Arm85z :)

Somebody apart from @stillshunter to talk to ;)

EDIT: [so excited I posted before finishing]

We do catch up every now and again and compare notes here in CBR. There are some guys over at B&B who are CBR based too so when the weather gets a little better we might organise a HUGE gathering (that would be 5-6 people ...)

In the meantime tell us a bit more about your kit and then go to this thread and get the last tub of Latha at a never to be repeated price. Seriously, don't argue, just do it. You will thank me.

Welcome Adam and hope you have lots of space left in the den, cause there are many enablers amongst us :D
Too bad you're not in Adelaide @Arm85z otherwise the gang down there would be passing you stuff to try or buy. [emoji13]

Great to have you on board!
What soaps are currently your favourite? Any aftershaves that you can't live without?
Thanks @filobiblic I am yet to be fully enabled only tried a few soaps so far a proraso, a crabtree & Evelyn and the cheapo palmolive and mennen from woolworths.

I really really love old school smelling stuff, think brylcreem or groom and clean, whatever can give me that nostalgic moment just be smelling. I was thinking shaver heavens barbershop might be my next but happy for suggestions.
I use an aftershave balm which I love as i can tell how dry my skin gets without it. As for scents I love the pinaud lime, but more so in summer not really in Canberra's single digit weather.

Thanks @filobiblic I am yet to be fully enabled only tried a few soaps so far a proraso, a crabtree & Evelyn and the cheapo palmolive and mennen from woolworths.

I really really love old school smelling stuff, think brylcreem or groom and clean, whatever can give me that nostalgic moment just be smelling. I was thinking shaver heavens barbershop might be my next but happy for suggestions.
I use an aftershave balm which I love as i can tell how dry my skin gets without it. As for scents I love the pinaud lime, but more so in summer not really in Canberra's single digit weather.
You HAVE to get the last Barrister & Mann tub of Latha from @Monsta_AU !!! For the price it's a bargain. The soap is the highest quality and the scent is modelled on an old-school 1950's barbershop scent. You're bound to like it. [emoji6]

There's a thread around here somewhere with the details, but just PM @Monsta_AU about it.

I love that beer. It's on tap at the Uni Pub in the city!
Welcome indeed.
Hope your stay is long and fruitful for all involved.
Consuming that stuff, you will be fine in the company down that way, in particular considering one is the Curator of the National Gillette Museum and in the top 5 collections world wide, arguably top two!

Thanks @filobiblic I am yet to be fully enabled only tried a few soaps so far a proraso, a crabtree & Evelyn and the cheapo palmolive and mennen from Woolworths.

Hey mate, welcome aboard. PM me your address and I'll post you a stick of European Palmolive. It's much better than the stuff Colesworth sells.

In the meantime tell us a bit more about your kit and then go to this thread and get the last tub of Latha at a never to be repeated price. Seriously, don't argue, just do it. You will thank me.

You HAVE to get the last Barrister & Mann tub of Latha from @Monsta_AU !!! For the price it's a bargain. The soap is the highest quality and the scent is modelled on an old-school 1950's barbershop scent. You're bound to like it. [emoji6]

Thanks for joining the party mate - better late than never ... ;)

There's a thread around here somewhere with the details, but just PM @Monsta_AU about it.

You mean the one I linked to???

Go on @Arm85z - grab it!

Thanks for joining the party mate - better late than never ... ;)
You mean the one I linked to???

Go on @Arm85z - grab it!

Well it didn't take long for the enabling to start. I have PM'd @Monsta_AU and will be picking up a tub of the B & M Latha.