Hi, srhardy, wet shaver here (bundaberg qld)

^^^^ - what he said!

Welcome mate

Hi and welcome - please tell us more about your favourite gear!

My favorite is the R41 (OC) then the iKon 101 (OC/BAR), then the ATT-S2 (OC/SLANT). Still finding the love for the 37C (SLANT) and iKon 102 (SLANT). My CLEANUP razor of choice for BBS is the PhoenixDOC (I only do 2 passes with any aggressive razor) and im waiting on my Parker 24C and now the 15C (hey, $20 im getting it). I have a couple of no name maggaed bar razors and love their MR5 handle (out of stock alas). Brushes, Parker Best Badger (waiting on the silvertip), ordered a Plisson Shaving brush (of the gods?) and a Muehle 21 H 33 Black Fibre Shaving Brush in PINE & a no-name synthetic chinese ultra fine to compare. Ive been modding the bathroom with shelves and razor holders; its taking shape. Obviously im single, my X would never stand me spending on anything but her! Ordered a STRAIGHT GOLD-DOLLAR and have yet to order the stone(s) to sharpen it but it will be my MOD project after seeing the comp for 2013/14/15 B&B forums.

Welcome @srhardy . Does srhardy stand for Straight Razor Hardy?... More Queenslanders are ALWAYS welcome.

Yeah, about as welcome as Cane Toads around State of Origin time ...

(of course being from the PRC now I'm officially neutral)

Yeah, about as welcome as Cane Toads around State of Origin time ...

(of course being from the PRC now I'm officially neutral)

I grew up in Victoria, where footballers were athletes and had necks! origin is the exact opposite, its designed a game for thugs, played by bullies! Controversial enough I usaly keep my opinion to myself... To be fair, when i came to QLD they referred to the game as champions as arial pingpong... ;-))

I grew up in Victoria, where footballers were athletes and had necks! origin is the exact opposite, its designed a game for thugs, played by bullies! Controversial enough I usaly keep my opinion to myself... To be fair, when i came to QLD they referred to the game as champions as arial pingpong... ;-))
Know the story. Born and bred Queenslander but raised playing Aussie Rules. A much better game IMO. But this is State Of Origin. Mate against mate; State against State QUEENSLANDER!!!

Born in Sydney - a rugby league town
Grew up on the North Shore - a rugby union area
Captained the school Aussie Rules team

As long as the ball is not round it is football ;)

Soccer is the only football I know of that hands are not used in play. The argument goes by the soccer lobby that everything else is a variation of HandBall and the evidence supports them!

Ive missed some stuff too. Like my Merkur Futur 701 but ive only had a couple of shaves on it and its more for looks on the brush/stand. Its easy to screw up but, made a weird angled pass on my neck this week and opened up a large gash on the neck. Took several hours, 2m of toilet paper and several bandaids! Told people i was making my own beheading videos and got no argument from anyone that saw the bloody paster bandaid on my neck that day. Probably best to get good at a blade and not swap as much as i do. One suggestion is to use a good clean up blade to avoid irritation, nicks for the baby smooth finish i love. For me the mild PhenixDOC (double open comb) is my go-to 3rd pass/cleanup. The blood was from a 3rd pass from the R41 so it served me right i guess. Its good for pass 1 & 2 but shite for BBS in my opinion!

Soccer is the only football I know of that hands are not used in play. The argument goes by the soccer lobby that everything else is a variation of HandBall and the evidence supports them!

wash your mouth out!

Formal request for temporary ban for all Canetoad supporters and any that disparage the true football, one where they actually use their foot/feet.

Hi @srhardy and welcome to our neck of the woods. Any friend of Aussie Rules is a friend of mine.

You've got an impressive collection of razors. What soaps or creams do you normally reach for?

G'day there @srhardy!

You need to open your horizons a little and *ahem!* invest in some Vintage razors. And I guess while you are at it you could try to find some vintage blades as well. (But you'll have to beat some of the mob here if you want them!)