How many shaving brushes do you own?

SpeedyPC

NEEDS more soaps ...
Grand Society
2017 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
G'day All,

How many shaving brushes do you own?

Simpsons Duke 3 Best Badger 2-band (First Rotation)
Semogue 830 (Second Rotation)
Semogue 1800 (Third Rotation and back to D3)

And planning to get a Semogue 620 when they stock-up and I'll order this brush soon.

Omega something or other boar.
Frank Shaving badger of some kind - rarely used, and mainly by wifebert.
Travel brush that came in a set - never used and looks NOS

My den:
  1. Omega S-Brush
  2. Mühle Travel Synth
  3. Mühle Silvertip Badger

The only one I use is the S-Brush although I occasionally bust out the Travel Synth for short trips away. I plan on drilling out the badger knot and replacing it with a Plisson style knot some time this year as I love the handle.

Sometime I don't fully understand why most men keep anywhere between 10 or 20 brushes and unable to keep track during their rotation shave which is strange.

Edit:- It's very interesting to see what kind of brushes they have.

Sometime I don't fully understand why most men keep anywhere between 10 or 20 brushes and unable to keep track during their rotation shave which is strange.

Edit:- It's very interesting to see what kind of brushes they have.

Well the little buggers keep inviting their friends and family over! What is the deal with brushes> HELP! they are breeding...

Then, before you know it - I'm NOT a brush collector - truly, I'm NOT a brush collector and I do NOT have SBAD!

Although I HAVE sold a few as well - Brushes - NOS, Vintage, Butterscotch, Simpson etc

So my current 'in use' rotation is simply -

Of course there are some still in the collection, the re-knot someday box and the for sale when I get around to it box as well ... :whistle:

Body shop synthetic, the first brush I ever bought, before I even bought a DE or anything I bought this brush and used it with carts. I don't use it anymore.

Omega s brush. Doesn't get much love anymore.

Bestshave.net number 6 "horse hair" (boar) brush. Hasn't had a run in a very, very long time.

Whipped dog 24mm synthetic. My go to, number one favourite brush :)

A couple ...

...of shelving units. At least the units you can find.

I have 5 (and another 5 I don't use). 3 Badger 3 Synth. Yep. I can count as well as Mark the accountant.

I don't have rotation. That would be sort of sad. I just use what I fancy on a given day.

...I don't have rotation. That would be sort of sad. I just use what I fancy on a given day.

but don't they NEED to have at least a week between uses?

I'm sure I've heard that somewhere ;)

Currently 5, but only 2 in use. A Duke 2 in Best and a Semogue 1438. The other 3 are in the unwanted/to be sold off box.

4_AllBrushesS_zps0fuev7o7.jpg

L-R: Vie-Long Epsilon 2-band with higher loft, CH2 in best, Paladin TSN LE, Paladin Chief, Custom Rudy Vey with Shavemac 2-band Silvertip, Omega 49, Stirling Kong, Vie-Long Epsilon White Horse, Whipped Dog Synthetic

Glad I just made in under the 10 brush rule from @SpeedyPC :ROFLMAO:

My rotation is exactly the same as @Drubbing - use what I feel like - and at the moment I feel like the blue one :D

Glad I just made in under the 10 brush rule from @SpeedyPC :ROFLMAO:

My rotation is exactly the same as @Drubbing - use what I feel like - and at the moment I feel like the blue one :D
So relieved too. I fall out of the 10-20 brushes @SpeedyPC rule.
9 boars, 5 Badger, 5 Synth, 1 boar/badger, 1 horse.

All get used - just depends on my mood. Usually have 2-3 out at any time for a week or two then usually change over.

My eldest son has already snapped up one for his daily use. 2 more lads to follow. Gives me reason to hang onto my brush family.