I Coloniali Shaving soap

Thank you for the well thought out and honest reply. I quite enjoyed your personal observations and experience with Razo rock soaps. I have never had a problem with them but there are a few I own which I haven't tried yet such as the xXx and given your observation I am interested in trying it out. I do recall there being a few variants of that Razo rock soap and I know soap artisans like to improve on their formulas but I guess that in itself is frustrating as I am sure what works for others may not work for others as I have seen some people talk about this particular soap whilst giving very high praise for one version and not so much for another which creates such an inconsistency that it's hard to really enjoy the soap and stay loyal to it as you simply don't know what you are getting from one batch to the next.
I haven't really been a part of the public circuit as long as many of you and to be absolutely honest this is the first forum of its kind that I have made more than two posts on, it's only now I am getting more involved but I must say its really refreshing to read such a well-constructed reply and discussion.

The bulk of my experience with Razo rock soaps comes from my experiences with some of their earlier soaps where perhaps a little more time was put into them than their current soap offerings.

Agreed there is such a huge variety of soap makers in the market today, some may even say too many and in a sense, we are all both lucky and cursed. Lucky in that we get to experience so many soaps and products but also doomed to constantly wanting to try them all.
I do admire soap makers which are able to consistently keep that same level of quality all year around and more as it's those in which I will keep coming back to in the log run.

I wonder if all of this talk regarding i-coloniali being discontinued is true or false, I feel like it would be silly of them to do so but not completely unheard of. Has anyone heard of anything officially from the soap maker themselves?
I could appreciate if this was just a temporary thing and everyone was officially made aware but as it is right now everything seems so unclear and murky.

After a little investigating it seems that this rumour started with Bullgoose shaving, who has pulled the same stunt before.
Sooner that guy finds another industry, the better!
Unscrupulous with customers and manufacturers alike from what I've experienced and heard.

I received an email from eChemist saying that they were out of stock and could not fill my order.as the soap was discontinued.

It was in my junk mail folder so worth having a look in there if you placed an order.

I received an email from eChemist saying that they were out of stock and could not fill my order.as the soap was discontinued.

It was in my junk mail folder so worth having a look in there if you placed an order.

Likewise I received this email, it seems the product line may have been discontinued for the moment, there are still stocks of the clay container around however.

I emailed 'I Coloniali' and have just had it confirmed that it has indeed been discontinued. It seems like they have exited from the men's shaving sector as they only seem to have men's skin care products now :/

I am really disappointed by this as there has not been any real explanation as to why it has been discontinued. It seemed like a really great product and was only now beginning to become more widely known and appreciated.

Even with the current discontinuation of the I Coloniali line (which indeed did turn out to be true and not a marketing stunt from a supplier has done it before), I am willing to bet it will make a return sometime in the future, a lot like what L'Occitane does with their product lines. It would not surprise me at all if the line is revamped, redesigned either.

It's so sad to hear about all of this, clearly there is still a great demand for their products.
It's actually more than sad it's frustrating that a company can be so stupid to allow what probably could be a flagship product vanish.

Terrible... just TERRIBLE!

It's so sad to hear about all of this, clearly there is still a great demand for their products.
It's actually more than sad it's frustrating that a company can be so stupid to allow what probably could be a flagship product vanish.

Terrible... just TERRIBLE!

There is a relative demand amongst wet-shavers we know of, and truth be told we are in the minority in relative terms to cartridge/can of goop shavers.

What really stung this time around is that the suppliers I have spoken to personally had sold out some months ago of I Coloniali (The refill pucks and the rhubarb and balms) and were waiting for the distributor to fill their orders, so when the announcement leaked on the forums that they were discontinuing the line the already low stock levels in most retail outlets around the world were snapped up very quickly with the US wet-shavers getting a good 10 hours head start in hearing the news and ordering up big. I personally know of guys who bought 12 sealed refill pucks and so on.

I reckon it will be back, it just might take a while. The brand may even be sold and another company will revamp and monetise it.

A UK distributor has confirmed that this will be re-launched in May 2017. Anyone with any more information please post, aside from the May 2017 from the UK and US shave forums ofc.