I saw the light on and decided to pop in

garethm

As a frequent lurker (from over the fence at WP) I felt it only appropriate to, at the very least, announce my presence to thank all of the contributors before me. There's a wealth of information out there and it's great that there's so many people willing to share their knowledge and experience.

Haha. Anything incurring further expense will require the approval of the Minister of War and Finance, unless I can work up a few brownie points in the meanwhile!

Haha. Anything incurring further expense will require the approval of the Minister of War and Finance, unless I can work up a few brownie points in the meanwhile!

PO Box. Separate credit card. Paypal account. Sorted.

Not that I need to smuggle goods in, given I give the wife no grief over her shoes, skin care products and cut n colours. Have you seen a receipt from a women's hair dresser? I've spent less on quality headphones.

WHO LEFT THE LIGHT ON!!!!!

Glad you saw it and popped in though :D

Remind me to get the extension that strips off all the tapatalk signatures.....

Welcome Gareth. We welcome any new people around here as it is getting a bit boring talking to Glen all the time.

Remind me to get the extension that strips off all the tapatalk signatures.....

Welcome Gareth. We welcome any new people around here as it is getting a bit boring talking to Glen all the time.

Thats charming - watch out gareth - you will be flavour of the month until someone new and shiny turns up - then you will be cast aside like a well used blade! :)

Thats charming - watch out gareth - you will be flavour of the month until someone new and shiny turns up - then you will be cast aside like a well used blade! :)

Be thankful - at least somebody talks to you. I just get grief and new avatars :mad:

Maybe it has something to do with the multiple smileys I use

:evil: :eek:mg: :cheesy: :p :blink: :D :amazed: :) ;) :laugh:

Be thankful - at least somebody talks to you. I just get grief and new avatars :mad:

Maybe it has something to do with the multiple smileys I use

:evil: :eek:mg: :cheesy: :p :blink: :D :amazed: :) ;) :laugh:

Probably has more to do with the wit and intellectual stimulus of my postings than simple multiple smileys - but if it makes you feel better to believe that :)

I'll defer to the voice of experience and be sure to enjoy my 15 mins of fame... I'll keep on eye on my avatar too!

I've heard that 92% of the population actually GET their 15 minutes of fame. :D

[see, we do get a little silly around here]

PO Box. Separate credit card. Paypal account. Sorted.

+1 to this.

Also get all of your stuff delivered to work so you can stockpile it in your office and bring it home one at a time.

Prison teaches you to smuggle stuff in ways you may never have imagined.

Oh and welcome Garethm.

Last edited:
Also get all of your stuff delivered to work so you can stockpile it in your office and bring it home one at a time.

Oh and welcome Garethm.

Thanks for the welcome JugV2!

Getting stuff delivered to work is probably the funniest, and maybe the best, tip I've heard! It cracks me up every time I read it.

Luckily I'm not yet at the stage to be buying much kit but I can see the time is coming. Im trying to slowly butter up ( I mean educate) my lovely wife to appreciate the finer points of this 'hobby'. Hello to my lovely Jodie I'd you're reading this! :amazed:

Hi Jodie,

[soft gentle, almost lilting voice]

Gareth loves you and wants to look his best for you. He is only spending money on shaving to look good and smell nice for you. Every time he hits that buy button you are what is foremost in his mind, he sees not what he buys but a vision of your beauty and radiance.

[back to normal voice]

OK, well she will have floated off on a sea of romance by now so back on topic....

The danger of getting stuff delivered to the office, I did it not to hide but to avoid trips to PO on weekends to get stuff that would have been 'carded' at home, is that you can forget what you have where and end up with duplicates - trust me, I know!