I'm back….and I demand attention!

stillshunter

a man of resolve, a man of conviction
State Convenor - ACT
Group Buy Associate
2015 Sabbatical Fail
…well not really, though I expected - nay, insisted - on being missed. But to no avail, but I do fear you fellas have all matured with me.

So 10 days in the wilds of far north QLD. Absolutely fucking loved it!!!!!!!! Honesty, I could go tribal full-time and live up there. Yeah, I like me good coffee, interwebs and fine metals (esp. against the cheek) but there is something wholesome to the spirit being up there. Anyway, you guys don't give a toss about that metaphysical shit, and so…

My shaving line up was:
- Weber PH
- Speick Soap (schtick)
- Aesop (aka Muhle STF v2) 23mm synthetic brush
- Speick AS Lotion
- various blades, incl. IP Reds, PermaSharp Supers, Iridium Supers, Polsilvers, Gillette Platinum.

In two words - top kit. Weber is the only razor you need (though I am looking forward to the arrival of my R41 and Fatip from G&C soooooon). Speick is the shit (best deodorant too…GET IT!!!!) soap lathered nice and yoghurt-like and that lotion - man'o'man it's the prophet of AS's…heals your face with a single touch! But the brush was what had me. I've gotten to know it and I like it, I like it A LOT!!! A revelation. I knew how to make yoghurt with it, it held it and released it where I needed it. I fear a short life for 'natural brushes'.

The places I stayed made shaving a challenge - some blind shaves (no mirror) but this get-up say me with an impeccable result. Zero irritation, zero hassle. Again, top gear!!!!

Loved the kit and could survive with noting but it….but I am back and need a distraction from being so. The first world calls for first world problems. Again, I'd prefer to be on walkabout.

All this spiritual discovery, yet still love love, not even begrudgingly for ARKO!!!!! ?
Send him back for a month of a bakerlite, williams soap, pure badger, shogun blades and alum for AS I tells ya ;)

Glad you enjoyed it, yet no pic's ?

Where in FNQ were you? There is drinkable coffee (even by Melbourne standards) if you know where to look.

Where in FNQ were you? There is drinkable coffee (even by Melbourne standards) if you know where to look.
Found some top coffee out Mareeba way. Top drop in a little place called Mt Molloy. Was inland of Cairns - mainly Atherton, up towards Cooktown. Need to do the Cape next! Damn fine country up there!

G'day - didn't realise I stole a seat?

Blind shaving makes me nervous, you can't see the blood until it's below your neck or on your hands. Below the neck isn't a good start to the day

We'd like to say we missed you, but this bloke called Nonick took your spot...
Fine!
…so it sounds like 10 paces with muscats at dawn for this @Nonick character and I. This challenge I accept. It is the highest calling, defence of a man's honour, a thing that must be defended with one's life. I am unwavering. Nothing more essential, nothing more importa…hmmm, what's on telly….

Last edited:
G'day - didn't realise I stole a seat?

Not sure how you did either, but if you wouldn't mind….

Just kidding mate, great place here and there's certainly not just you nd I as the class smart arses on here. The place is replete with ball-breakers and shit stirrers.

Blind shaving makes me nervous, you can't see the blood until it's below your neck or on your hands. Below the neck isn't a good start to the day
Blind shaving is a piddle, what's wrong with you mate?

Last edited:
If the Malaysian flag wasn't there I'd think this was you in far north qld.

Either he's done that before, is a wallpaper remover by trade, stuck that beard on with UHU glue or is currently evading the psychotic ward nurses who are hunting him down on the command ship around the bay

As for eggs, they don't have any hair anyway

I blind shave almost every shave - get it all done while in the shower.
I suggested that and was told I'm mad, glad to know I'm just eccentric :)

I like this @Nonick bloke. Says all he needs in reply to @borked above (see #12). Classic! This is going to make our duel more fun and even more rewarding for the defeat….

I like this @Nonick bloke. Says all he needs in reply to @borked above (see #12). Classic! This is going to make our duel more fun and even more rewarding for the defeat….
Say, you two wouldn't be long lost, separated at birth twins ?

Did somebody say something?

I thought I heard a voice but it was nobody I recognised ....

A gun running preacher man is out playing golf when he is struck down below by a wayward drive from an adjacent fairway. After several minutes of writhing, hopping, gritting teeth but never cussing you mind. The GRPM dared to gingerly pull his waistband out to survey the damage. His playing partners were shocked as he uttered
"Dear Lord, please take away the pain but leave the swelling!"

Fine!…so it sounds like 10 paces with muscats at dawn!

You're going to duel each other with Dessert wines???

104593.jpg

This I have to see.

No wonder we wouldn't have you in The Grand Society, everyone knows its strictly Pims and Lemonade that early in the day! Before we know it you'll be under the nearest bridge with a flagon of McWilliams Sweet Sherry.