alfredus

Auctioneer-in-Chief + organises many group buys
Staff member
Site Moderator
State Convenor - SA
Grand Society
Group Buy Caporegime
Charity Auction Team
This one has not been sanctioned by the big Kahuna @Monsta_AU yet - I am just trying to get a feel for some interest for now.

So who would be in? Naturally I am thinking Shavemac, because it is the easiest and we would get straight away 19% tax discount. But of course I am open to suggestions.

Once I have a feel, how many are interested, I would talk to Bernd (or any other brush maker for that matter) - get prices etc., seek confirmation from @Monsta_AU and then make it official.

Just to give you an idea - a 24 mm 2-band Silvertip is ~153EUR - 19% tax = 124EUR + shipping, so that would be already in the 200AU$ category (without any group buy discount).

So please feel free to add your thoughts: price, brushmakers, knots, sizes, etc.

For sure... as you know, I'm walking down the Shavemac path already. I would need extra post to Mackay though but that should only be $8 but may or may not make the GB worth while.

alfredus, im in my thoughts.

Shavemac
Handle Shape:
Color: Blue Marble
Knot Shape: Fan Shape
Quality and Size: 24 mm Silvertip 2-Band
Hair length ( Loft): 52 mm
Shavemac logo: Logo on bottom

Last edited:
I'm in and here my shavemac brush setup
26mm silvertip 2-band fan shaped knot
50mm loft
412 shape in blue marble handle
empty.gif
Logo on bottom.

So how that so far for my prefect brush for face lathering @alfredus and how do you plan to deliever the money via PayPal?

Ah, yes Australia postage: depending on the size of our order, I was thinking of 2-3 shipments to Australia - so we stay below the 1000$ threshold for each shipment and don't pay any import duties. And those centres depend of course on where from the brushes get ordered from.

And I would propose to include all inner Australian shipping charges into the total cost and divide everything up - so each brush costs for each member the same. People in Melbourne/Sydney will save money through personal deliveries and those saving will subsidise other members.

Something along those lines, but let's see first, if we can get the project off the ground...

I'm in and here my shavemac brush setup
26mm silvertip 2-band fan shaped knot
50mm loft
412 shape in blue marble handle
empty.gif
Logo on bottom.

So how that so far for my prefect brush for face lathering @alfredus and how do you plan to deliever the money via PayPal?

Have to talk to Bernd, but I think he can set up a site for us and everyone pays for their individual brush and then a bit extra to the people from the distribution centre for inner Australia postage...or maybe it is even cheaper to ship each brush individually?

All details that will be sorted out later...

Also: I would like you guys to know, that I will aim for 1 knot and 1 handle to bring prices down to a minimum - I will try to find a consensus, but please bear in mind that extremes will not happen.

I really would like to get a brush that makes every one happy and is something special for our little group.

Just to bring a bit of order into the whole thing - interested so far - please feel free to add:

@alfredus - shavemac
@Sxot - shavemac
@cranky - shavemac 2-band ST Fan 24mm
@SpeedyPC - shavemac 2-band ST Fan 26mm

Ah, yes Australia postage: depending on the size of our order, I was thinking of 2-3 shipments to Australia - so we stay below the 1000$ threshold for each shipment and don't pay any import duties. And those centres depend of course on where from the brushes get ordered from.

And I would propose to include all inner Australian shipping charges into the total cost and divide everything up - so each brush costs for each member the same. People in Melbourne/Sydney will save money through personal deliveries and those saving will subsidise other members.

Something along those lines, but let's see first, if we can get the project off the ground...

Righto....

I'm in pending... I think I'll sell off some goods to make out happen.

My thoughts:
Middle road knot size- 24mm
The SM 2-band knot is a winner and would suit virtually everyone.
Shavemac would be the best bet. European (so discount already), quality product (that's backed up) and they are configurable.

Happy to vote on colours or shape of handle. Same with bulb or fan.

Judging by our discussion earlier this week, I'd say @MrT may be in (and perhaps @SydBJW also)!

Well that begs the question... are we able to custom order or will it be one brush for all?

Well that begs the question... are we able to custom order or will it be one brush for all?
It'll be a one for all I thought if it's a "P&C brush".

It'll be a one for all I thought if it's a "P&C brush".

Well that works. So long as it's the config I want.

^tongue in cheek.

However, I have a specific brush I am shopping for so to be honest, I'm not going to get a "P&C" brush and the one I am currently after so, I'm provisional on the config being right, or close.

I really would like to get a brush that makes every one happy and is something special for our little group.

I like the idea that it's something special for P&C, with that in mind would we want it personalised with maybe "P&C" or "P&C 2016"? I know it would cost a little more and may make it harder to sell if someone decides to later on but it also makes it unique to our community. Anyway just a thought.

Specs for me would be 24mm or 26mm SM 2-band, fan, blue marble and don't mind the 167 handle either.

Well that works. So long as it's the config I want.

^tongue in cheek.

However, I have a specific brush I am shopping for so to be honest, I'm not going to get a "P&C" brush and the one I am currently after so, I'm provisional on the config being right, or close.
Yeah. That's the nature of a group buy WRT hardware. For software it saves postage and you may get a discount, for hardware there *may* be some discount with the order. But usually it's a special once-off item that is a solid or known performer.

Specs for me would be 24mm or 26mm SM 2-band, fan, blue marble and don't mind the 167 handle either.
There already seems to be a general vibe to what is wanted:
24 or 26mm 2-band knot
Fan seems to be the preference
Blue (dark?) is a popular colour

I would certainly be interested in this. However, I've literally just ordered a shavemac 2 band 24mm fan. Unless the knot is something different to what I've ordered I may have to think hard about it.
So yes, in in theory.
Other group buys I've seen have had a choice of 2 knots.
A choice between fan and bulb, or 2 band and D01 would interest me. Although as the P&C forum is a little smaller I understand why this may not be viable.
Opus Summum handle anyone?