It's time I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DrBob I don't know about aging beards but I do know that you're face will enjoy the switch! We look forward to hearing about your experience of learning to use a DE on the Shave of the Day (SOTD) thread. [emoji106]

Thanks.

I am on day 3 of shaving with a (shudder) 4 blade catridge, but using the wating time until my real razor arrives to improve my lathering skills.

Even so, given all the reasons a cartridge is crap, I have to say (other than against the grain) my face feels smoother after the shave, and my skin feels better.

Can't wait!

A cart will outperform an electric, no problem. I could use them if I had too, but the cost is just ridiculous and I have single DE blades that do better. I walk past the shaving aisle every week and watch the prices soar to $5 a cart. The only way to not save money at this is to hang around shave sites and turn it into a hobby buying stuff.

Hello and welcome. Good luck with all your gear. I haven't ever tried C&E soap myself but I've heard rumors about it being hard to use. If you're having problems getting it to lather you can always buy a cheap shaving cream from a chemist or supermarket somewhere and give that a try. The scents are not very exciting but they work. Or you can put your hand up for a few samples and your postman will be lugging packet after packet of gear to your door from members here. Ditto for DE blades. Don't make it too complicated to start with by trying new razors or blades or whatever until you get the technique sorted. Have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.