January 2013 Members Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice

Nothing coming my way from this year - still may have some stuff from 2012 in transit - will see on my return from holidays

Nothing shaving related. Knife related then yes. A 5000 grit stone and a left handed carbon steel vegetable chopper (usuba). Oh........and I made myself a sink bridge (for stones to sit on suspended across the sink) and an end grain cutting board but both weren't delivered by the postman so doesn't count for this thread really.

Last edited:
Nothing shaving related.

I do have 2x HP P410 RAID cards inbound from the US for my Microservers. I will have to get a few 3TB drives to fill them now.

Might go and order another 200 Silver blues.

Isn't it nice when everything arrives at once?

IMG_20130102_124047.jpg

Yep!

I'd say that this is a good day!

Indeed. Looking forward to adding my feedback to the travelling vintage blade PIF, and trying out the Ranger Tech.

I have to say, the soaps in the PIF look a little...suspect to the untrained eye. I could see an Australian Post person accidentally opening the PIF and thinking they had found drugs!

That's a nice haul, Lynchy. I'm trying to refrain from shaving purchases this month and next, unless I see some blades I specifically want for cheap. Gives me a bit of extra cash to buy a couple of good kitchen knives.

... I have to say, the soaps in the PIF look a little...suspect to the untrained eye. I could see an Australian Post person accidentally opening the PIF and thinking they had found drugs!

LOL, the ONLY parcel I've ever had 'opened for postal inspection' was a 1kg brick of P.160 from Italy - do you think it may have looked a little sus?

That's a nice haul, Lynchy. I'm trying to refrain from shaving purchases this month and next, unless I see some blades I specifically want for cheap. Gives me a bit of extra cash to buy a couple of good kitchen knives.

If not one AD then another :laugh:

Cheers,

Might need to dial it back soon, it would take a lifetime to use what I have :/

Well the Shaving Santa might have been a little late but he's delivered in spades today! :cool:

_DSC2655_zps3dda3852.jpg

3 parcels to pick up from the post office today. First and most importantly, a near mint J3 Slim with box and instructions off Fleabay. Secondly, MensBiz sent me a witch hazel sampler and some Proraso cream. Last but not least, a sampler pack of blades from Razors Online.

Stoked with the Slim and can't wait to try it tomorrow. The pack of Spoilers that came with it is full!

Umm.. Do I have RAD? :laugh:

Last edited:
If not one AD then another :laugh:

My brother remarked that since I started "shaving funny and hanging out with those forum weirdos", the number of packages arriving for me has tripled. :laugh:

Nice haul too JD, that's a lot of witch hazel.

Great haul JD!

Will leave the witch hazel out of the Traveling Box I suppose!

My brother remarked that since I started "shaving funny and hanging out with those forum weirdos", the number of packages arriving for me has tripled. :laugh:

Nice haul too JD, that's a lot of witch hazel.

Clearly you are three times more popular now - another well known effect of traditional wet-shaving

Well the Shaving Santa might have been a little late but he's delivered in spades today! :cool:

_DSC2655_zps3dda3852.jpg

3 parcels to pick up from the post office today. First and most importantly, a near mint J3 Slim with box and instructions off Fleabay. Secondly, MensBiz sent me a witch hazel sampler and some Proraso cream. Last but not least, a sampler pack of blades from Razors Online.

Stoked with the Slim and can't wait to try it tomorrow. The pack of Spoilers that came with it is full!

Umm.. Do I have RAD? :laugh:

Buying one razor doesn't mean you have RAD. However, I think you can safely lay claim to a hitherto unknown AD I'd like to call WHAD. Witch hazel up my friend! Platinum chrome blades? Another one I've never heard of. Glad you got a few Sharks. The benchmark MUM blade.

It's my first!

Ok, so it is not as nice as Achim's set (see here) but it is my first!

My first No. 51 Set that is :D

The blades are clearly wrong and the instructions have changed -

But it is clearly a No. 51 set -

And the instructions inside the lid are the same -

I love the conditions of sale too -

This only arrived today so I've not cleaned it up but I'm very pleased to have this uncommonly seen bit of history :D

That looks like a really nice set Mark!

Although the T&C's do leave me somewhat confused lol

Yes, I'm sure that the ACCC would not allow those sort of terms now!

Status
Not open for further replies.