January 2013 Members Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice fat-handled Tech from the 1940s from memory. The case is plastic not bakelite which is a GOOD thing - more flexible and less likely to be damaged - a nice pickup!

Right you are Mark- plastic case it is.

It cleaned up fairly well- I'll post some pics in my restoration thread. User-grade at best though- some plate loss and quite a lot of scratches etc.

Still, it performs well. I loaded it up with a feather and the results were great.

All in all, a good purchase. Part of the fun of buying from Ebay I guess- it's sometimes hard to tell how well something will clean up from the pics. I've had a few razors now that look horrible in the pics (soap scum, surface rust, mold etc), but once cleaned up they are in fantastic shape. In fact, I actually prefer bidding on 'gungy' looking razors because it seems to put people off buying them. Less competition for me :cheesy:

"Rise of Bulgaria" shave cream. Received it this week. Used it for the 1st time this morning. It wasn't bad. Nice mild fragrance and good lather and slide . Horse brush and straight edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.