January 2016 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely curious, how do you come about using all that soap? Been daily wet shaving for 8 months now and I've used maybe a tub and a half from the actual shaves.

Well it is not all for me -

Happy days @stillshunter! Yes, most is his ...

And to use even that much I would say you've been overloading the brush!

Nah, just being generous ;)

I thought you didn't like rose soaps?

I don't -

Happy days @stillshunter! Yes, most is his including some unobtainium English Rose.

Have you heard any rumours about Wickhams that the rest of us should know about ? /Armageddon

Yes, I understand now that it is -

... including some unobtainium English Rose.

and not being made any more

@Mark1966 Now just in case I haven't understood. @Mark1966 why do you need so much soap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT IS NOT ALL FOR ME!!!!!! :)

I've never even tried the Wickhams - but have it on good authority that it is top shelf. With rumours of its demise from @SydBJW I thought it was worth a try.

You always get three tubs to try something new don't you?

The D R Harris is to be my travel soap.

The order (pre-sabbatical) has finally arrived!

Happy days @stillshunter! Yes, most is his including some unobtainium English Rose.

I thought I had better try the Wickhams too, the DR Harris for my travel kit and some injector blades to be included in the PCTB3A.

A big mail day with some C-O-O-L menthol soap samples arriving from the wonderful and generous @eggbert. Just the thing on an overcast and miserable CBR day!

Hopefully tomorrow will be a little warmer ????

Can't wait mate!

Mark, I, burgers and Wickhams...ingredients for a great lunch indeed!

For those who've not tried Wickhams. Oh boy you are missing out. Do yourself a favour while you can.
...or wait and the ever-obliging Mark and myself might consider some BST listings in a few months time. Starting at maybe $250 a tub....should be out at $500+ by year's end. Oh yeah!

Great package from @Mark1966 as a prize for the "using a fork" competition. Vintage NOS blades. Yippee!
37dc5b117198b1d828527520fa5616a3.jpg

Ooh, not used one of those Personnas in a while. Think that may be my holiday blade.
If you've not used vintage before, give them a chance to shave more times than you are accustomed to giving a blade.
Most of the above should easily do 8 or more shaves.

Blades from when they made blades and not imitations.

Just wanted to ask; What the hell have you guys done to me?

I bought into this DE thing with a basic pack on Monday not wanting to spend much money. First shave Tuesday. This is cool, want more stuff so order: Proraso Pre-shave Red (to match Red Shave Cream), Occams Crushed Lime Pre-shave soap (clean face is key right?) and some other men's grooming stuff on Wednesday. Will arrive today sometime - Thursday. What do I find myself doing today? Ordering two shave soaps from Shaver Heaven; Hazelnut Cappuccino & Sweet Almond Milk. (shame Dragon Noir is sold out). Haven't tried a soap yet and they seem to be all the rage. This has got to stop! :D

Umm is it too late to sign up for the 2016 sabbatical??;)

Just wanted to ask; What the hell have you guys done to me?

I bought into this DE thing with a basic pack on Monday not wanting to spend much money. First shave Tuesday. This is cool, want more stuff so order: Proraso Pre-shave Red (to match Red Shave Cream), Occams Crushed Lime Pre-shave soap (clean face is key right?) and some other men's grooming stuff on Wednesday. Will arrive today sometime - Thursday. What do I find myself doing today? Ordering two shave soaps from Shaver Heaven; Hazelnut Cappuccino & Sweet Almond Milk. (shame Dragon Noir is sold out). Haven't tried a soap yet and they seem to be all the rage. This has got to stop! :D

Umm is it too late to sign up for the 2016 sabbatical??;)

This is exactly what happened to me haha. Just realise that each soap would last you months & months if you only used one at a time.

Eventually you realise you have more than you need & you'll calm down.

I'm pretty sure it's a common thread only I knew I had more than I needed before I even ordered the second one! :LOL:

You have great taste @Osman !

Just picked up a flair tip Rocket, a Slim Twist, Old Spice mug and butterscotch Vulfix from the local vintage shop.

Nice pickup from a B&M shop!

Mail call!

You mean I get to wear the 2016 Sabbatical Fail ignominy all year because of THAT! It is tiny (well not as small as the nano version I had previously) - 50c piece for scale.

A vintage butterscotch Simpson made Hoffritz branded Wee Scot.

In the foreground what you cannot see are some soap samples from 'Doctor Suds' - our own @SydBJW - thanks mate!

Last edited:
...in January! Is that some sort of record?

No pretty consistent with last year I think - although I wonder if we should apply a de minimus rule on this one ??

Status
Not open for further replies.