January 2018 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh happy days oh happy days...finally my Christmas present is here - well worth the wait

8XeFrjR.jpg

Snow White Tips
HE5ZR2G.jpg

Truly perfect finish on the handle
C2iVExk.jpg

Clumpy Clumpy
48uVeWG.jpg

Curly Curly
fGPgX3K.jpg

Bloom
qX9TiRP.jpg

Ha!

So you went for the blue, absolutely beautiful brush my friend, congratulations!

Thank you very much. I must admit I bought it more out of curiosity and had no big expectations...now I am kinda kicking myself for not ordering more...the knot seems to be really outstanding and I haven't even shaved with it...

Oh happy days oh happy days...finally my Christmas present is here - well worth the wait

8XeFrjR.jpg

Snow White Tips
HE5ZR2G.jpg

Truly perfect finish on the handle
C2iVExk.jpg

Clumpy Clumpy
48uVeWG.jpg

Curly Curly
fGPgX3K.jpg

Bloom
qX9TiRP.jpg
@alfredus I know where you've got this secret weapon from outside of P&C, because you needed a new brush so bad :sneaky::smuggrin::cigar:

Thank you very much. I must admit I bought it more out of curiosity and had no big expectations...now I am kinda kicking myself for not ordering more...the knot seems to be really outstanding and I haven't even shaved with it...

Great looking brush @alfredus .

I think the shavemac knots are underrated by many --- my shavemac knot might be my favourite and I have some very good brushes.

Mail Call:- Three package arrived today and I'm looking forward to used the GEM Micromatic Clog-Pruf after my last shave tomorrow with the Bullet Tip, not quite happy about the PAA Starling SE because there's a small error when loading the bloody GEM blade. I'll so see how this shave using the blue and yellow plate soon, because I'm desperate to used the GEM Micromatic Clog-Pruf.

RzANQyw.jpg
IMG_0105.jpg

Last edited:
My brush came earlier than expected :) I haven't had a chance to use it yet...saving that pleasure for my birthday shave (y) - El Druida 26mm manchurian in white/clear/cocobolo

39046104594_3a99771953_c.jpg

38856862935_69bedb4d78_c.jpg

38856857835_cc28496a17_c.jpg
Very nice brush @FluffyGroodle - if you're coming on Saturday to the meet up could you bring along?:whistle:

BTHENmC.jpg

Omega 48 Professional. I was moved to try this by posts on this forum. My second brush and my first natural fibre. So far I'm quite enjoying it, and it's still early days as far as breaking in. I seem to get a lot of passes out it. It's not going to win any prizes for looks, but I knew what to expect for the price and I actually like in a utilitarian way.

Also motivated by members suggestions are the soaps. One is a puck of Lea placed in a repurpaced Tobs container. The other is Valobra hard soap.

Arrived today, it may not change my life but it ruined my sabbatical. Looking forward to giving it a run
cAPMMEIl.jpg
Oh man you got one too. Let me know what you think as I absolutely love mine. I know it's not one of those fancy brushes other guys are getting but man it's soft, a treat to use and was fairly cheap. I'm kinda sad I missed out on the Starling but with my razor collection / RAD I couldn't justify the purchase. Happy shaves!

Oh man you got one too. Let me know what you think as I absolutely love mine. I know it's not one of those fancy brushes other guys are getting but man it's soft, a treat to use and was fairly cheap. I'm kinda sad I missed out on the Starling but with my razor collection / RAD I couldn't justify the purchase. Happy shaves!
My Starling Razor is going back to PAA for a replacement. Because the top cap has many issues because the top cap need to roll forward to allow the back end need more L corner shape to come in contact with the base plate, at the front of the top cap there should be no gaps between the blade this needed to be flush flat and level on top of the blade surface.

I couldn't resist adding the Rocket, for the price and I like the look, when I ordered the Starling, glad to hear you like yours as I haven't tried it yet. I will give it a run tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.